JRE w/ Cam and Steve

Listened to the recent JRE and was actually impressed/surprised that Cam and Steve seemed to have the same thoughts as I do about the agenda regarding reintroducing predators to eliminate hunting. Maybe us hunters will finally get our shit together. Was also really pleased to hear Cam introduce HOWL. JRE is obviously a powerful platform, and Im glad they had this discussion.

OP
isItFallYet
This should be fun.....
Not looking to stir up a hornet’s nest. I do believe that we need to have this conversation. Being afraid to talk about something because it may ruffle some feathers, is cowardly in my opinion.

My point is that I’m starting to see some of these “influencers” actually influencing in a positive (to me) way. Unlike their previous influencing of spot burning and the like.

Jimmy

Lil-Rokslider
All three are polarizing characters that people want to put in one of two boxes. I like him, or I dislike him. But I think when someone who's done something or said something you don't agree with, DOES something good or commendable, we should recognize that. Hunting will survive longer when we can mend fences.

TxxAgg

WKR
I have it in my queue. I'll listen later this week.

Last edited:

KurtR

WKR
Not looking to stir up a hornet’s nest. I do believe that we need to have this conversation. Being afraid to talk about something because it may ruffle some feathers, is cowardly in my opinion.

My point is that I’m starting to see some of these “influencers” actually influencing in a positive (to me) way. Unlike their previous influencing of spot burning and the like.
Ya i get that but some people here would not care if cam,steve and joe cured cancer and could turn water into wine. They would hate any thing they do till the bitter end.

OP
isItFallYet
Ya i get that but some people here would not care if cam,steve and joe cured cancer and could turn water into wine. They would hate any thing they do till the bitter end.
What’s also interesting about your point, which I agree with, is that this was also discussed on the podcast.

OP
isItFallYet
I suppose jealousy is a hell of a drug
Yep. If we spent as much time unifying as we do bickering as a group, then maybe we’d start winning this battle. The truth is that we are legitimately in a battle against a group that hates our way of life. And if we don’t get it together, we’ll likely be the last generation that gets to live this way of life.

KurtR

WKR
Yep. If we spent as much time unifying as we do bickering as a group, then maybe we’d start winning this battle. The truth is that we are legitimately in a battle against a group that hates our way of life. And if we don’t get it together, we’ll likely be the last generation that gets to live this way of life.
Just have to go look at r v nr threads

Hnthrdr

WKR
Don’t think it’s jealousy. I actually like Joe for the most part and think is a good interviewer. Steve is “nuanced” and paints the hunting picture in a positive light, dude has made loads of money off shooting small bucks and western hunting, Cam falls more into the annoying category for me, no social media other than this and another hunting forum so I don’t see a lot of it. But when you do it is unnecessary and often annoying. I do realize that all of them have brought more and more people into the archery hunting world specifically western hunting and that we are beating that poor horse to death… I happen to have been born and lived in a Rocky Mountain state so now I can’t hunt my own state without a giant army of folks to contend with and tags that are limited and insanely sought after, good/bad, I’m not sure 🤔

Last edited:

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Im glad they mentioned HOWL and CRWM. Where was Steve at before the forced wolf reintroduction? Last I heard him talk about wolves and how hunters don't want forced reintroductions he made fun of us, saying why do we like to hunt Alaska? Like the vast landscapes in AK are comparabile by any stretch to the lower 48 hunting.

I was also disappointed in Steve for hardly pushing back on Rogans claim that private ranch elk act more naturally than public wild places. Hunters have been on the landscape since forever. Nothing natural about hunting the Deseret where pressure is minimal and highly regulated for the experience of chasing B&C bulls every fall.

They hammer (pun intended) on the jealousy subject a bit much, valid criticism cam cant stop reading about isnt coming from jealousy. Calling out hunting celebrities for things like "find another trailhead stupid" is valid. Joe claims hes a brown belt in hunting, while being fully guided and hunting private preserves for unpressured elk. Hes a great Archer it appears, but if he had to drive himself to a trailhead in the wilderness and hunt solo he would be enjoying tag soup for a change, but I'm sure he would get good at it with time. Love the guy for all hes done otherwise, just my opinion.