Jump rope for cardio, conditioning, and full body strength to be a better hunter

OP
S

schwaf

If you want to see what can be done with jump rope check out Olympic wrestler Buddy Lee on youtube.
My kids laugh when I told them I kept a jump rope journal of every jump the summer going into 7th grade. Just an old 1/2” hunk of rope with knots on the end. It helped get me from being the non athletic last pick at kickball kid, into 5 HS sports and away from a couple friends starting the weed.
54 now and have a couple ropes that mostly gather dust. Rouge speed rope works great for a few double unders.
That's awesome. I have no doubt it made you athletic. It's an activity that's relatively high intensity and requires sustained coordination.

bozeman

Build a ‘double under’ and heavy rope circuit with v-ups and you get a calorie burner!!

timr00ger

Awesome post, thanks for sharing! With gyms closed I also had lost some fitness. Now my fiancée and I hold each other accountable to home workouts (burpees, squats/lunges, and kettlebells mostly) three times per week and running on off days. Gonna have to look into getting some jump rope into the mix as well.

2bgop

Awesome post, thanks for sharing! With gyms closed I also had lost some fitness. Now my fiancée and I hold each other accountable to home workouts (burpees, squats/lunges, and kettlebells mostly) three times per week and running on off days. Gonna have to look into getting some jump rope into the mix as well.

I added some sessions with a weighted rope to my routine, it was brutal at first, but a great add. I started with a 1/2 pound rope, it was humbling.