Just getting started, looking for all the tips

KcNsan3

FNG
I'm just getting started in bow hunting. I've been scavenging the internet for as much information as possible, figured I need 10 posts here to do anything anyway so this might be something beneficial. Obviously, I'm going to be prioritizing practice and knowing my system like it's an extension of me. If you have suggestions pertaining to gear/brand preference, financial advice for gear acquisition, knowledge source references (podcasts, forums, websites, YouTube channels) that are head and shoulders above the rest, gear checkoff lists, etc.
Goal is to be backcountry hunting by next year or the year after with a bow.
Thanks

I'm just getting started in bow hunting. I've been scavenging the internet for as much information as possible, figured I need 10 posts here to do anything anyway so this might be something beneficial. Obviously, I'm going to be prioritizing practice and knowing my system like it's an extension of me. If you have suggestions pertaining to gear/brand preference, financial advice for gear acquisition, knowledge source references (podcasts, forums, websites, YouTube channels) that are head and shoulders above the rest, gear checkoff lists, etc.
Goal is to be backcountry hunting by next year or the year after with a bow.
Thanks

Start out with traditional gear. It'll teach you to be a better hunter.

Would appreciate any recommendations for hunting license application services*

So you are you looking for an automated service that applies to hunts for you for a fee?

Based on your similar deleted post from earlier this seems like your primary objective as a brand new bow hunter?

hunterjmj

WKR
They were doing this way back without the gear we have today. Just get a bow a shoot a lot. Start small and work your way up. I sold my compound bow and bought a trad bow. Funner to shoot without all the stuff to deal with. Find what you like and get good at it.

OP
KcNsan3

KcNsan3

FNG
aim small miss sm

So you are you looking for an automated service that applies to hunts for you for a fee?

Based on your similar deleted post from earlier this seems like your primary objective as a brand new bow hunter?
It's for rifle, muzzleloaders, bows. I'm at a point where I can hunt a lot more in my life with my career and trying to take the best approach. Not sure why you think that's my primary objective, I stated what the primary inquiry is in the first post, it was asking for recommendations.

It's for rifle, muzzleloaders, bows. I'm at a point where I can hunt a lot more in my life with my career and trying to take the best approach. Not sure why you think that's my primary objective, I stated what the primary inquiry is in the first post, it was asking for recommendations.
It's because that was the one thing you posted separately twice.

For financial advise Id say, just dont think you need the top of the line stuff you see a lot of the youtube and tv folks use. Buying and trying new stuff is fun and addictive, but very expensive in this hobby haha. Buy what you need for what you are doing to start, then save some on the side to have fun with in the off season. I also suggest slowly investing in all the tools needed to do your own bow work as it will save you money in the long run and learning the ins and out of your equipment is always nice

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

OP
KcNsan3

KcNsan3

FNG
For financial advise Id say, just dont think you need the top of the line stuff you see a lot of the youtube and tv folks use. Buying and trying new stuff is fun and addictive, but very expensive in this hobby haha. Buy what you need for what you are doing to start, then save some on the side to have fun with in the off season. I also suggest slowly investing in all the tools needed to do your own bow work as it will save you money in the long run and learning the ins and out of your equipment is always nice

Thank you, this is very sound advice and I'm buying whatever I can second hand. I'm transitioning from guns and shooting every weekend and competing to hunting as my primary hobby, I'm more than aware of the money vacuum I'm stepping into, but still appreciate the advice!

Thank you, this is very sound advice and I'm buying whatever I can second hand. I'm transitioning from guns and shooting every weekend and competing to hunting as my primary hobby, I'm more than aware of the money vacuum I'm stepping into, but still appreciate the advice!
Buying 2nd hand is a great method, I still buy most things 2nd hand because you can find so much like new at huge discounts