Just ordered my Camp bag for the Nomad

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Going with a Black Duplex Frame, Coyote Brown Nomad, Kryptek Highlander Campbag and Grabit. Man Im a mess :p I cant wait to put all this together.

Question for you Nomad users, Do you really need a lid? Will the T1 Lid work for the Nomad? I really dont need more cargo in the lid.

Thanks in advance.

My son runs a standard lid on his. I see no use for it. I put an xtl lid on mine and saw no use for that either. Personal preference I suppose. No lid on the Nomad for me.

I am a newbie so take it for what its worth. I have new nomad and put my lid on in daypack mode. I don't like having to open pack up to access
things. I just needed a little more room than the belt pouches provided. I was scouting and wanted to a move tree stand or would have just used E&E. I would have been just as happy with a small pouch attached below the wings.

I will only be using the LH lid if/when I need it. I prefer the side zip long pocket below the wings if I need a bit more room. Next would be long pocket below, back pouch between the wings. That's just over 4000 cu in. When that's not enough, I will pull out the camp bag and lid. That's my plan for now anyway...

No reason for the lid unless you want to keep some rain off the zippers, use it to attach a grab-it or want extra cargo space.

I just put the standard lid from my dt3 on my nomad and it will fit over the zippers on the 2 wings. I just had the 2 cylinders full. If there was more in the wings, or between them, I don't think it would work as well.

Yeah I was thinking of ordering a Standard T1 Lid in Highlander. I want to be able to cinch up my Grabit.

Maybe the Tactical Loco Lid hmm yeah I may do that. Its a lot bigger then the T1 Lid.

Well that doesnt make sense. Guess I will just get the Longhunter as its only 15 bucks more then the other lids.

3.5 ounces on the standard Top Lid 1 lbs for the Longhunter. sigh. Standard it is.

Well that doesnt make sense. Guess I will just get the Longhunter as its only 15 bucks more then the other lids.

3.5 ounces on the standard Top Lid 1 lbs for the Longhunter. sigh. Standard it is.

I believe if you trim the longhunter lid you can drop the weight to 10 oz.

The regular lid will keep sticks and stuff from falling down between the nomad tubes. The side zip long pocket will clip to the loops on the lid if you want storage for jacket, etc without opening the nomad, when on a morning hunt as an example. That long pocket will also clip to the frame and rest under the nomad when/if you don't want it on top, or in the center of the frame as well. I pulled the regular lid off my Highcamp the day the Nomad arrived and it's been on there since. You can also roll up a jacket, etc and set them on top of the Nomad tubes and the lid will hold them all in securely.

Last edited:
Nomad setup for a day hunt next weekend. Everything in kits, in a dry sack, in the hanging meat bag.

attachment.php

With wings closed, the top is semi open to debris dropping in when going thru/under trees and brush.

attachment.php

The std lid covers it all up nicely. You could attach the top of the grab-it to the lid loops or add a side zip long pocket for easy access.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hey c5mr270, do you think you could post a pic of the nomad with the t3 lid on it. I liked the "finished, look a lid gives it but the lh lid is huge on the nomad.

A pack needs a lid, even if just a cover lid. I will be going with the 1000ci LH lid. Great spot for all sorts of gear that you need quick. My first aid kit, fire kit, water filter, and rain gear reside in the lid. I ran the same lid on my G2 LH pack, I wouldn't be without it.

Brent

I have tried the standard, LH and XTL lids on mine. I will say this, i dont see the need for the standard lid at all, there are plenty of places for the grab it to hook to in my opinion. Adding a pocket to the lid is an option, but I think that the LH or XTL lids serve the purpose much better. Out of the LH and XTL lids I think for my use the XTL lid is about 10 times better. The LH lid has no structure and when you put stuff if in it can roll all around unless you fill it up. The xtl lid has more than one pocket, has a drawstring for structure, and i really like the two straps on the top for strapping jackets and stuff to quickly.

I love my nomad, but quickly got annoyed unstrapping 5 straps everytime i needed something. I dont need the ci, but the lid is nice to have things for easy access.

Just my opinion

Joe

Nomad setup for a day hunt next weekend. Everything in kits, in a dry sack, in the hanging meat bag.

attachment.php

With wings closed, the top is semi open to debris dropping in when going thru/under trees and brush.

attachment.php

The std lid covers it all up nicely. You could attach the top of the grab-it to the lid loops or add a side zip long pocket for easy access.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hey Bob thanks for the Photos thats exactly what I wanted to see with the Lid. I went ahead and got the standard Lid. I cant see me needing anymore room for stuff.

Got the Nomad now.... time to start tinkering. =) I was so over doing this along time ago now I get to start this habit again =-/

I took pics but can't upload them. I can email or text them to whoever wants. Bob's pics show pretty well, I just stuffed the cylinders full and attached the grab-it in a couple different ways.

Back