Just ordered my first Kifaru Pack

Olydog09

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered the BT-1 in Multi Cam. Angie was extremely helpful to work with and very accomodating for my needs. Also a special thanks to Ryan for helping me decide on a pack and for recommending the flat back for people like myself who have no bootie. Keeping a pack up on my slim profile is always a pain in the ass. ;) The flat back should help me with that problem.

OP
O

Olydog09

Lil-Rokslider
Same pack I want to order. Did you go with the 24 or 26" stays?

My midget proportions (5'6" short) went with 24" stays. Ryan did state that it is more about torso length than height when configuring stays. I am a 18-18-1/2 inch torso depending on who measures. Ryan says that an 18-19" torso is right on the line as far as which stays. I have found that I wear my packs more like a 17-1/2" torso so I went with 24" stays. He also said that those 2 extra inches could make a big difference when stalking through heavy brush.

Call Heath and talk with him in regards to your torso and stay lengths and he will be able to get you lined out. If not sure on torso length you can google how to measure but if an REI or other store is close by have someone do it for you. Good luck.

slim9300

WKR
I have a BT1 (w/ flat back stays) and a T1. I love both but the BT1 is my favorite piece of gear. Nothing compares to this pack in my opinion. You will never regret the decision for a second. :)

OP
O

Olydog09

Lil-Rokslider
I have a BT1 (w/ flat back stays) and a T1. I love both but the BT1 is my favorite piece of gear. Nothing compares to this pack in my opinion. You will never regret the decision for a second. :)

Yeah you may not realize it but I have followed your pack sagas throughout the years on here and archery talk. I figured your slim profile and mine were pretty similar. I was originally going to order the T-1 but after talking to Ryan and remembering that you went to the BT-1 with a flat back it made more sense to go with the BT-1. Kifaru has some cool pics on their site btw.

slim9300

WKR
Yeah you may not realize it but I have followed your pack sagas throughout the years on here and archery talk. I figured your slim profile and mine were pretty similar. I was originally going to order the T-1 but after talking to Ryan and remembering that you went to the BT-1 with a flat back it made more sense to go with the BT-1. Kifaru has some cool pics on their site btw.

I love how you put it: 'Pack sagas' is so accurate. It's been a journey that's for sure! :)

Super pleased to hear you went this route instead. They are both amazing packs but the Bikini is in a league of it's own. You will be set for life with this pack. Keep me (and us) posted as to your impression once you get it.