Kansas City Archery Ranges

AirborneEScouter

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone know of a few? I recently got engaged and moved from a house w/ a nice backyard in with my fiancé downtown in the city (can't wait to get the hell out). Love the range at Shawnee Mission Park but it's almost a 30 minute drive for me. My buddy lives in Parkville and I could shoot as far as I want at his place but he's also about 30 minutes away. Just kind of curious if anyone knows of a park that doesn't have an established range you could still get away with shooting at (nothing illegal though). Trying to get my 20-30 yard reps in a few times a week and then I wouldn't mind driving further to go 40-60 on the weekends or the occasional weeknight.

If nothing else, this is a PSA that living in an apartment in the city really cramps a hunter's lifestyle.

*zap*

WKR
MDC parma woods area has a range with 3d targets. Quite a few MDC public use area have archery ranges.

Joe Holden

Lil-Rokslider
Lived on the Plaza until I moved to OP. Still work in Crown Center. Everything is going to be roughly 30 min to get to unfortunately. Platte Falls Conservation area has a nice range, SMP is there, James A Reed has one, Prairie Center Hiking Park is the one i go to most. I think Wyandotte County Park has a BYOT range there.

OP
A

AirborneEScouter

Lil-Rokslider
I've lived here 7 years and haven't found anything better myself. I've thought hard about what it would take to open an indoor range somewhere like North KC. Unfortunately, to get to 50-60 yards of distance and have room for shooters, you'd need about 15,000 SF or so of space. IF you could find a building and cheap rent, it'd be about $2.50 SF, so we're talking $3K plus per month plus whatever opex would run just to pay building related costs (not even counting the immense start up in targets/range equipment). Just not feasible to operate a range like that without a shop selling ancillary products/services, so unlikely we'll have anything near the center of the metro for the foreseeable future.

OP
A

AirborneEScouter

Lil-Rokslider
I just wish there was a corps owned levy area (like around the Riverside area) where you could shoot outside with your own targets.

I shoot at Prairie Center Hiking Park a couple of times a week. It’s good for getting reps in and have supplied targets or you can bring your own if you want to shoot broadbeads.

OP
A

AirborneEScouter

Lil-Rokslider
Unfortunately my biggest mistake was moving downtown. All the good spots are on the fringes

I can almost get 20yards in the basement! Over the pool table, over a recliner that you have to lay back, through a utility do, and hitting the target on my reloading bench! Ya, closet I have living in the city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk