KANSAS Elk Hunt (Fort Riley)

Mulldozer

FNG
I was able to fulfill a lifelong dream to hunt elk on Fort Riley. I was fortunate enough to shot a great bull with my bow and got it all on camera! There is a ton of people to thank for this opportunity and I am extremely grateful to have experienced this hunt.

Hope you all enjoy!

OP
Mulldozer

Mulldozer

FNG
Thank you all for watching! I really appreciate it!

Last edited:
Congrats man!

I've got 22 years putting in for that tag. Hope to have a reason to reach out someday soon.

OP
Mulldozer

Mulldozer

FNG
Shockingly I only had 5 points. I have heard of people drawing with 1. Just a pure lottery.

And I thought I had good luck! haha That's awesome!

I keep a spreadsheet of all my applications and my odds and whether or not I have drawn. You'll have to take my word for it, but I am not lucky. Last time I looked I've drawn like 35% less tags than the odds would have provided.

That was a damn good tasting cow, though, and didn't cost me any vacation. :)

OP
Mulldozer

Mulldozer

FNG
I keep a spreadsheet of all my applications and my odds and whether or not I have drawn. You'll have to take my word for it, but I am not lucky. Last time I looked I've drawn like 35% less tags than the odds would have provided.

That was a damn good tasting cow, though, and didn't cost me any vacation. :)
No, you can't beat that!!

Crap I only have 10 years of points, how does our draw work? Wish they put out the info on the elk like they do everything else.
Random draw, 12 years ago they started awarding bonus points to unsuccessful applicants. The bonus points unlike preference points are just an additional pill in the hat.