Kennetrek Everstep Ortho boots

Hello to all,

As the subject line says I'm asking any of you have you had any experience with this boot.

I am not a hunter but was/ am a backpacker.

I had an ankle fusion on my left foot in 2016 and a repair to my post tibular tendon on the same leg. As a result, I fixed a few problems and created a whole slew of others. One of them is ankle instability that was not there before. In looking at the boot, it seems like a good solution to a problem. Also pairing this with a rocker sole seems like a winner for my problem. It seems like a cam boot for the mountains.

Have any of you had experience with this specific boot?

I have tried stiffer boots that I thought would provide more ankle support but that has not worked out too well.

Any thoughts or comments regarding this would be very helpful and gratefully accepted.

Thanks!!

I broke my ankle in July and just ordered a pair. As soon as I get them I'll start breaking them in. I'll try and remember to come back and update you.

OP
O
I'm very sorry to hear about your ankle. I hope it heals up well. Any input is very welcome
I ordered two pairs on their black Friday sale.
I am glad to spend the money if it fixes or helps the problem. I just wish there was a way to simulate uneven terrain inside a house (LOL) If others have a suggestion please feel free to chime in. The only way is to get outside.
I'm surprised I have not heard from others regarding this boot which I guess is a good thing.

All the best.

madcalfe

WKR
i have the kennetreks orthopedic boots. on season 3 or 4 with them.
they have endured numerous fly in sheep hunts, elk hunts, you name it.
I broke my right heel and ankle a few years back so decided to give them a go
they seem like good boots providing I tie my laces a certain way to prevent heel slip in my one foot. I love how the boots have the slightest rocker to them. overall they have done me good.
ill probably only get 1 more season out of them due to the tread being almost gone and the rubber rand is slowly starting to lift on the toes.
there defiantly a warmer boots for hot temps. and ive yet to get wet feet in them.

Both of my feet/ankles are wired back together after an accident many years ago. Needless to say I've struggled with proper support and pain for years. I've been running the Mountain Guides for a few years now and they really do help, so I tried a pair of the Everstep Ortho boots a year ago. They truly are worth the money to me, they really do help reduce pain and fatigue. My only complaint is I wanted to wear them for daily wear boots and the tread melted off in 4-5 months!!! Now I have a pair just for hiking/hunting

OP
O
Hello to all,

Thank you for taking the time to share information with me.

I have no question about the quality of the boots, just if they could help me, which based on what I need, and your information I think they could help.
I tried on their hardscrabble hiker on here at a retailer near me and they seem to fit pretty well.
I have a pair of Lowa Rangers that at the time I thought were Frankenstein boots. I thought that they would help with the ankle support. They did enough for me to do some tougher hikes here in Appalachia, but just day hikes. As I broke them in over the years the problem still persisted. The nubuck got softer, and well, you know the rest.

These seem like they will fit the bill. I really want to get back to backpacking on a multiday level.

Now just looking for insoles...... but that is a story for a different day.

Any information is appreciated and very welcome. I realize we do not like talking about our injuries and such so I really appreciate your comments!