Ketchikan self guided fishing recommendations

Bachto

WKR
I am looking at doing a self guided fishing trip in Ketchikan next summer. I have looked a lot of different outfits that do self guided/boat rentals and lodging. I wanted to see if anyone has done a self guided trip in Ketchikan specifically, I read some forums about people recommending a place (Doc something?) that I believe was outside Juneau. I am not really open to going anywhere other than Ketchikan. Me and my dad have driven from Washington towing our boat to Prince Ruppert (spelling?), hoped on the ferry and fished Ketchikan for a couple weeks many times. Well now the PR border crossing is closed and my dad sold his boat to get a larger ocean boat sometime in the future. So I am SUPER familiar with the water and area in Ketchikan for fishing and flights out of Seattle are as low as $200 round trip.

Anyone used any of the outfits there and can give me their experience and recommendation? Right now I am looking at Explore Alaska Charters.

FLATHEAD

WKR
We went in early June few years back to Juneau.
Dog Salmon w/some Kings mixed in, Cutthroat, and Dolly Varden.
Fished around the hatchery, and any little creeks and a lake N. of town.
Fish were everywhere.
Hard to not catch fish.

OP
Bachto

Bachto

WKR
We went in early June few years back to Juneau.
Dog Salmon w/some Kings mixed in, Cutthroat, and Dolly Varden.
Fished around the hatchery, and any little creeks and a lake N. of town.
Fish were everywhere.
Hard to not catch fish.

Looking more for peoples experience with the facility/outfit rather than the fishing. I know the fishing well in southern Alaska.