Kifaru 5 string

kyle1112

WKR
So I'm tossing the idea of getting one of the 5 strings for my sleeping bag. My question is, how well will it compress my not high end synthetic bag...any pictures of the 5 string in use may help. I just would hate to buy one and not be able to put it to use..If you post a pic, tell me what is in it.

I liked the 5 string so much that I bought another one.

I put my pad, 30* quilt, bivy sack and cuben fiber tarp all in a medium 5 string.

IMG_0719_zps11acc36e.jpg

IMG_0720_zpsb9b20ef0.jpg

Justin, do you leave that stuff stored in it or take out your quilt to save loft? Btw Justin, you know my neighbor Erik Vance

I use one for my Kifaru zero Degree slick bag and it looks just like the one above. I also use them for all of my clothes when I go on a hunt.

Justin, do you leave that stuff stored in it or take out your quilt to save loft? Btw Justin, you know my neighbor Erik Vance

Small world man.

I store all of my quilts and sleeping bags in big plastic totes so they aren't compressed. I only compress them for use.

I really need to invest in a quilt or a good sleeping bag sooner or later.. is that the smallest you've gotten it with all that in it?

I put my EE 10° quilt, Big Agnes Insulated Air Core, MSR E-bivy, Cuben Fiber tarp, and MSR medium pillow in mine with room to spare. You're welcome to try mine out and see what you think. Just send me a pm.

Back