Kifaru Belt Size

Highlands Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Hey folks, I am purchasing my first Kifaru frame and bag. I purchased the reckoning bag already, but I am not sure which size belt on the frame. I am on the upper end of the x-small and lower end of the small. Waist size on my pants is 30 and I do wear a belt. Obviously this fall when it’s cold out, I will have more clothes on. So I’m not sure which way to go. I’m thinking of going with the small 31-34 waist size.
Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.
Also, I will give Kifaru a call tomorrow and get their take.

I was facing the same dilemma you are. I mistakenly bought the smaller hip belt first. I ended up exchanging it for the larger belt. My preference is for a pack’s hip belt to wrap around almost my entire waist…..as opposed to just cupping my iliac crest/hip bone. If you prefer the same type of fit, I’d recommend getting the larger sized hip belt.

OP
Highlands Hunter

Highlands Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I was facing the same dilemma you are. I mistakenly bought the smaller hip belt first. I ended up exchanging it for the larger belt. My preference is for a pack’s hip belt to wrap around almost my entire waist…..as opposed to just cupping my iliac crest/hip bone. If you prefer the same type of fit, I’d recommend getting the larger sized hip belt.
Thank you for the insight.

I wear 30 waist pants (29 actually fits better but is hard to find) and couldn't get a small Kifaru belt tight enough and ended up downsizing to an XS.
Same here but went with x small first, which is the right size for me… I’m expanding my waistline (like a rag bull post rut) and I have plenty of room with the Xs still. I’m 6’ even and got around 140 at the end of the fall, and plan to get to around 170 before summer, and the xs will still fit well