Kifaru Bikini fame sizing fit questions

Teeton

Lil-Rokslider
Kifaru Bikini frame sizing fit questions

Ok last year I got the bikini frame 24 carbon reg stays with i think was a med belt.. The bag was the dt2. Love the lay out of the bag.. Now I'm 5ft9 and my waist goes back and fort between 36 and 38 inch. Back is about a 18.5 to 19..

Now I'm not new to back packing been doing it for most of my life.. I have about( (no lie) 10 diff packs. I used and got external frames and internal frame packs.. Pretty much just use the internal frame packs anymore.. But I have a eureka external frame that I use if I'm going to pack something (very heavy)out if I can get it, it just works with a heavy load.

Now on to my bikini question.. The reason for this question is I have much better fitting pack that cost me less than $200.. So I want to make my $700+ kifaru pack fit me well.. I'm hopping and praying it's just adjustments to make it fit. So with my above body size, back size, do you think that the stay size is OK? I does give me lift and I didn't want the stays to high as I wear this pack all day hunting. Ok so,, one problems I've had is that when loaded up with 50lbs or so one of the load lifter straps some how pulls over and touches my neck.. The other thing is the belt I just think it's to small. All my other packs the belts pull in and wraparound more and I do very much like that better than the belt on my bikini frame .. It just dose not feel good to me.. If it just pulled (big wide part of belt) in a inch more on both sides (to my front middle) I think I'd like it better. I almost, if not have the belt straps touch my hips just after it leaves the big Wide part of the belt in the front..

So what do you think I can do to keep the one stay from pulling over on my neck??? As for the belt do you think it's just to small or do other folk have the strap were they leave the belt touch their hips or is this belt just to small??? Thanks for reading my post and any help...

Ed

Last edited:
a couple pics of the pack on you showing load lifter and, where your belt is riding, etc could go a long way in helping you dial this in. with as much adjustment as there is with a kifaru frame, sometimes it takes awhile to get it just right ;)

If you drop below a 38" waste you CAN NOT use a large belt. I am down to a 38 from a 40 and my large is coming very close to touching. Every Kifaru pack I have owned I have a large AND a medium belt for it. Large for winter and medium for summer. The 38" is one of those sizes that falls into the medium/large area. Kind of sucks. As far as your stays, that should not affect comfort. You most likely need the shoulder harness adjusted correctly for your torso length? Hopefully Aron will check in. You can always call him at Kifaru.

Give me a call today and we can go over the pack and fitting questions.

720-937-1418

Aron

Ok last year I got the bikini frame 24 carbon reg stays with i think was a med belt.. The bag was the dt2. Love the lay out of the bag.. Now I'm 5ft9 and my waist goes back and fort between 36 and 38 inch. Back is about a 18.5 to 19..

Now I'm not new to back packing been doing it for most of my life.. I have about( (no lie) 10 diff packs. I used and got external frames and internal frame packs.. Pretty much just use the internal frame packs anymore.. But I have a eureka external frame that I use if I'm going to pack something (very heavy)out if I can get it, it just works with a heavy load.

Now on to my bikini question.. The reason for this question is I have much better fitting pack that cost me less than $200.. So I want to make my $700+ kifaru pack fit me well.. I'm hopping and praying it's just adjustments to make it fit. So with my above body size, back size, do you think that the stay size is OK? I does give me lift and I didn't want the stays to high as I wear this pack all day hunting. Ok so,, one problems I've had is that when loaded up with 50lbs or so one of the load lifter straps some how pulls over and touches my neck.. The other thing is the belt I just think it's to small. All my other packs the belts pull in and wraparound more and I do very much like that better than the belt on my bikini frame .. It just dose not feel good to me.. If it just pulled (big wide part of belt) in a inch more on both sides (to my front middle) I think I'd like it better. I almost, if not have the belt straps touch my hips just after it leaves the big Wide part of the belt in the front..

So what do you think I can do to keep the one stay from pulling over on my neck??? As for the belt do you think it's just to small or do other folk have the strap were they leave the belt touch their hips or is this belt just to small??? Thanks for reading my post and any help...

Ed

Back