KIFARU cargo net vs cargo panel for training

Thor0331

Lil-Rokslider
Trying to decide between these. Using mainly for strapping weights to my tac frame for training. Only difference is the price and the molle panel. Mainly wondering if they both hold up to about 100ish pounds with no issues? Let me know what you guys think

Mitten32

WKR
I’d encourage you to take a look at the quarter panel. I love mine for training and it’s xpac for hauling meat. You can throw a lid with it to make a day pack set up if needed

OP
T

Thor0331

Lil-Rokslider
I have the reckoning and tahr already so don’t need a pack just strictly looking for a way to attach some plates to my frame with minimal bounce when ruck running

BBalash3

Lil-Rokslider
I agree, quarter pannel and the guide lid is my new favorite training setup. I will be using the same setup for day hunting.

Attachments

• 00F864C8-E798-48E1-82AE-3F3CE65EF59A.jpeg
    00F864C8-E798-48E1-82AE-3F3CE65EF59A.jpeg
    297.3 KB · Views: 176
  • B4A5B10F-7B7D-4F10-BDCC-0B6A105074BF.jpeg
    B4A5B10F-7B7D-4F10-BDCC-0B6A105074BF.jpeg
    231.1 KB · Views: 182
OP
T

Thor0331

Lil-Rokslider
I’d encourage you to take a look at the quarter panel. I love mine for training and it’s xpac for hauling meat. You can throw a lid with it to make a day pack set up if needed

Now that I look at it again looks like a good setup for strapping weights to it. Looks like it will strap to the tactical frame so I’ll confirm Monday I’ll pull the trigger. Thanks

BigDonk36

FNG
I love my cargo panel. I use cheap Allen dry bags with pea gravel for weight. Can get about 40lbs in one bag. Cargo panel sucked them up tight to my tactical frame no movement and it felt solid. My .02.

GMC

Lil-Rokslider
I use the cargo net. Can strap whatever I want to the net as well using buckles.
For the guys using the cargo net, are you using it solely for training or are you also using it in conjunction with a bag while hunting?

ChrisAU

WKR
For the guys using the cargo net, are you using it solely for training or are you also using it in conjunction with a bag while hunting?

Mine is purely for training, but I am ready to use it with a 55L dry bag and have played with strapping various things to it should I decide I want to use it that way in the future.

I carried it under my bag for a bit last year hunting. Used it to hold treestands and such. Worked good. Better then the cargo panel because I could get it pretty tight

GMC

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a used one off here for my son. Thinking about pairing it with a gen 1 nomad and a lid. Seems like a pretty simple set up that could do about anything. Thoughts?

I think the cargo net was MADE for the nomad. FWIW, I know it would work on the GEN I versions. But, it would be the berries of the GEN II with all the molle webbing. Complete;y eliminating the need for the Lid due to the over head straps. Whether that is something he'd be willing to do or not is unknown to me. But, I've never got into the use of a lid much and, can't imagine a need for all that pack space. So, take that into account. But, if he is stuck on using a lid, a grab it would probably be best used in that setup.

RBHunter

WKR
I use the cargo net. Right now have a 50# bag of pellets. Have not used it for hauling game yet. But on a situation where I am just going in to pack out meat/heads for someone this is what I'll bring. 20190217_195949.jpg

Nuther CP fans with pouches attached.

Llama32

WKR
Nuther CP fans with pouches attached.

Thank you for the Post

jd1006

WKR
I went with a Grab-it and loaded a sandbag into a carry bag you can get on Amazon for like $25. I positioned the Grab-it a little higher up, that way the weight doesn’t sag…i stole the idea from my SG X-Curve frame, meat shelf. I love the SG bag for backpacking, but the Kifaru Frame works better for comfortably carrying a lot of weight. I train and daypack in my Kifaru, and I backpack hunt with my SG.