Kifaru Door Gunner - Belt?

Sealee12

Lil-Rokslider
For those of you using a Kifaru Doorgunner, are you also using the optional omnibelt or running without? Trying to decide if I should order it with a belt or not. I also have an old belt from my Kifaru scout, but I believe this is the old edc belt and not compatible. Any thoughts?

oldhorse

WKR
I run mine without a belt. When I first got it I put an EDC belt from another pack on it out of curiosity. The belt rode way too high for my liking. In order for the belt to ride normally I had to loosen the shoulder straps and let the pack ride low. If you have a short torso it might work. Just my opinion, but it's not a big enough pack to require a load bearing belt.

OP
S

Sealee12

Lil-Rokslider
I run mine without a belt. When I first got it I put an EDC belt from another pack on it out of curiosity. The belt rode way too high for my liking. In order for the belt to ride normally I had to loosen the shoulder straps and let the pack ride low. If you have a short torso it might work. Just my opinion, but it's not a big enough pack to require a load bearing belt.
Thank you - that’s exactly the sort of info I was hoping for. I’m 6’ tall with a rather long torso so it sounds like I will be skipping the belt. Thank you again!