Kifaru duplex load lifter adjustment alterations

Jimss

WKR
I was wondering if anyone has altered their kifaru duplex frame load lifter attachment so they are higher up on the frame? That is one of the few problems I’ve had with my kifaru system.

24” fits me at 5’8” , hauls shit good no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maybe a few more details, how tall are you, what Kifaru frame you're using, etc. It's hard to picture the load lifters on a Kifaru frame being to low if everything is set up properly and the frame fits you properly.

Scrappy

WKR
Maybe a few more details, how tall are you, what Kifaru frame you're using, etc. It's hard to picture the load lifters on a Kifaru frame being to low if everything is set up properly and the frame fits you properly.
What he said.

OP
J

Jimss

WKR
I’m 6’ tall and have my load lifters adjusted as high as it goes. Mine is the shorter duplex frame that is around 10 years old.

The reason I ask is because I find myself bending over when hauling 100+ lb loads. I have my lifters adjusted as high as they go on the frame. The load lifters on my arcteryx bora 90 are considerably higher and the additional ht seems to make it much much easier to walk in an upright position with extreme loads.

I’m pretty sure I have my frame adjusted so I can take advantage of my lifters but this doesn’t seem like it’s high enough?

If my memory is correct I remember someone adding ht to their old school, short duplex frame that worked. I guess I could always update if the newer versions are higher.

Well, 100+ lbs is a lot and depending on what it is and how it's loaded, could influence how you are able to carry it (upright or leaning forward). A dense item ( e.g. steel, stone) that is able to be loaded closer to your center of balance is going to cause you to lean much less than 100+ lbs of backpacking gear.
You say you're 6' tall and that your frame is an older, shorter duplex. Standard duplex frames are 26", 24" and maybe 22". I'm 5'-10" and use a 26" frame, but could use a 24".
Comfort while packing heavier loads could also be influenced by how/where you're wearing your hip belt. The "points of your pelvis" should be in the middle of your hip belt and the belt should be very tight (especially for heavier loads).
The only other thing I could suggest would be to add some pictures of yourself wearing the pack and we can provide additional comments if needed.

Marble

WKR
It sounds to me like you need a longer frame.

And as far as modifying the frame I haven't seen anyone do that.

I can say that when I got my first kifaru, I watched some of Snyder YouTube videos on how to properly adjust your pack for correct fitment.

I've hunted with people that are just in agonizing pain or discomfort. Just getting the pack adjusted correctly can make a world of difference.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I’m kind of in the middle with an 18” measurement. I went with the 26” stays and go with the top loop on my Tactical and my UL. The loops are on the Hoodlum bag. No issues. It feels a little tall when empty but when packing a load it’s perfect! Love my Kifaru’s!