Kifaru Hellbender vs Kifaru 22 Mag Gen 2

EmperorMA

WKR
I'm looking for a great daypack of 35-40L to haul out a deer or elk quarters. It may need to serve as an overnight pack in a pinch but it will primarily be a day hunting pack for deer, Pronghorn and elk. I am looking for supreme comfort when carrying larger loads on the meat shelf. I am a strong guy and I like to get my animal out in a hurry!

Which pack do you like of these two and why? I won't carry much .... layers, kill kit, game bags, small spotter, water, small stove/pot, extra knife and binoculars. I just want the best game hauler of the two.

Who you got?

Thanks

Hoghead

WKR
I would think for hauling game out, the hellbender would be better. I have hauled whole hogs out with the striker and stirker XL. It will definitely handle the day pack end, too.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

md126

WKR
The bags themselves have very little to do with comfort carrying heavy loads. The frame is for that. The bags are about organization and features.

In any event, I much prefer the 22 mag for day hunting and overall design in general. Really a great bag

OP
E

EmperorMA

WKR
The bags themselves have very little to do with comfort carrying heavy loads. The frame is for that. The bags are about organization and features.

In any event, I much prefer the 22 mag for day hunting and overall design in general. Really a great bag
Yes, but the Stryker family offers easier access to the load shelf than the 22 Mag.

OP
E

EmperorMA

WKR
I would think for hauling game out, the hellbender would be better. I have hauled whole hogs out with the striker and stirker XL. It will definitely handle the day pack end, too.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
I am now leaning toward the Hellbender as it allows the easy access to the load shelf just like the Strykers but has a bit more room and I love the shove it pocket on the outside for quick stuff. It will compete against the Stone Glacier Approach 2800 and the Exo K4 2200.

Last edited: