Kifaru high camp w/ bikini frame

murf45

WKR
Is anyone using the kifaru highcamp with bikini frame? If so what size and how do you have it setup? How do you like it compared to other kifaru bags? If you've used several what one do you like for backpack hunting and loading out meat?

Wow, lots of questions.

The bikini will fit similar to the Duplex frame. I use the 4800 bag and did a week out of it with the intention of trying the load shelf if i was successful.

I like the 4800 better than the Longhunter. I haven't used the Timberline.

ehymy7ep.jpg
abamuqen.jpg

Is anyone using the kifaru highcamp with bikini frame? If so what size and how do you have it setup? How do you like it compared to other kifaru bags? If you've used several what one do you like for backpack hunting and loading out meat?

Nope sorry, we don't like Kifaru around here.... ;) ha jk man there's a few guys here who can help you out for sure. I personally use outer pockets a LOT and hate digging into my packs main body a lot so I prefer the timberline bag with a belt pouch or two and longhunter lid. Both haul loads equally well I would think but I've only used the bikini frame with a DT1 bag as well as the standard T1 pack before that.

Mike

if you do a search you will be surprised at how many reviews and stores you can find. Most likely more than you will get to respond to this thread as it has been hashed out many times.

joe

If the Highcamp had spotter/tripod pockets I would have one! I preferred that bag but the no side pockets made it a deal breaker for me.

Might get a Highcamp and sew on my own side pockets one day.

Prefer the duplex as it fits me better and has a frame sheet.

That's one thing I was curious about. How people pack there spotting scope and tripod (I know timberline has dedicated pockets). I've never purchased a high end pack so i want to make sure I get what I want the first time around. I'm really just interested in the timberline and highcamp. Also wondering if it's worth spending extra for the bikini vs duplex frame?

Last edited:
I don't have any experience with the high camp, but I do have a bikini frame.

I've been using hill people gear pack bags or drybags mostly. I picked up a G1 mmr and have used that as well. I train with a sandbag in a pod strapped to the frame. The frame is amazingly versatile. I think you could rig just about anything to it with a few straps and enough time.

The most I've carried is about 65lbs at this point, but the bikini frame is ridiculously sturdy and comfortable for its weight.

I like the 4800 better than the Longhunter.

Out of curiousity, is it just the weight difference? Or does it make things easier somehow?

Sreekers, did you feel you had enough space to pack in for a week? How many extra pods did you strap to the bag?

Last edited:
I got the HC 7000 but just because my out of state trips tend to be 7-10+ days, not 4-7 days. It cinches down so little I don't really understand the want for a smaller bag, but everyone is different. I like the bag, LOVE the bikini frame, but can't compare it to the T1 yet. My last pack had pockets inside of pockets lol, so the big bag mentality was a tough transition for me. I was ill prepared with no pullouts organizing my gear, so my caribou trip turned to chaos looking for goods in the pack. With better organization I think I'll like it BETTER than having tons of pockets. I too have a padded case over my spotter so it just straps to the side opposite of my tripod. Both are held securely and just as protected as they would be in a pocket.

Call or PM Aron at Kifaru, the guy's experienced, knows everything about the line and spends 200 days a year in the field and packs out meat ALOT. I got more info in a five minute conversation with Aron than I did in two months of internet reviews and found him to be a very nice and straightforward guy. Helped me cut right thru the BS to ensure I ordered what I really needed. Was looking at the Highcamp w/ Bikini and ended up with the DT1 and Duplex w/ 4 pockets and LH lid. I went this route based on actual weight i might pack and the way I wanted to carry it.

I used the grab it all last season, i didn't this year because i needed to use the zipper for the article.

Where's bruce?, I tried to call Aron a couple times, but was unable to reach him. I'm guessing he's busy hunting beings its that time of year. I figured I would pick people's brains, and try to contact him after the season slows down. I want to get a pack before next summer so I can get comfortable with the pack before my elk hunt next year. I just like to hear how people have set up their system to work for them, and see what works and what doesn't. It gives me some insight as to what I might want to consider before purchasing.

Where's bruce?, I tried to call Aron a couple times, but was unable to reach him. I'm guessing he's busy hunting beings its that time of year. I figured I would pick people's brains, and try to contact him after the season slows down. I want to get a pack before next summer so I can get comfortable with the pack before my elk hunt next year. I just like to hear how people have set up their system to work for them, and see what works and what doesn't. It gives me some insight as to what I might want to consider before purchasing.

Call me tomorrow morning.....I'm in the office all day.

Back