kifaru ku3700 belt

i bought this back in 13,what is wrong with these belts? seriously?
it has been a pain ever since i got it.
anybody out in the ether still have one? got any ideas?
i stopped by kif last year on the way back to ak ,nobody there had an idea
TIA

Kotaman

WKR
I had one of these when they first came out. Loved the pack and don’t recall any issues with the belt. Used it on a couple mountain goat hunts With no problems. What is the issue you’re having?

OP
B
when i pull the powerpull,the rear plastic slide tilts up and sideways ,folding the beltstrap to where it does not secure properly and the belt just slides,my 5200 belt does not do that

LandYacht

WKR
There was “bad” strap material in a run of them. My 5200 did it and I found the answer on the now defunct Kifaru forums. I’m not sure if they kept the forums open for read only purposes, but you’ll find your answer there.

The basic summary being that the straps on the power pull in that certain run would collapse because the webbing wasn’t the usual grade due to a manufacturing problem of the webbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B
sounds about right , i could not think of the proper word ,webbing collapsing and getting pinched off so it would not tighten, my 5200 was one of the first ones,when i read they were stopping the ku i quickly bought the 3700. kif forums huh? ok