Kifaru Kutthroat vs SG 5900

Ens Entium

Lil-Rokslider
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to upgrade my worn Slumberjack Bounty 4500 (1st gen) to either a Kifaru or Stone Glacier.

Mostly I day hunt with ~25 lbs including cold weather gear with the occasional 2-3 day trip.

I like the layout of the front pockets for both the Kutthroat and Sky/R3 5900.

I know they are not apples to apples one being internal but any thoughts between the two?

If it makes any difference I am 5'11" 220 lbs (would go with a Krux Evo or straight stays since I have no butt or hips). Is there a specific brand which tends to fit bigger guys better?

Any additional insights would be appreciated!

CainGang

FNG
I'm not sure of the typical fit for big guys on Kifaru but they offer a lot of different sizing options to make a bit more of a custom fit.

OP
E

Ens Entium

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not sure of the typical fit for big guys on Kifaru but they offer a lot of different sizing options to make a bit more of a custom fit.
Thanks! I actually ended up ordering a Kutthroat with a medium belt and long shoulder straps. So far seems to work great with weight in it. Look forward to testing it out during scouting and mule deer this year!

Sako79

Lil-Rokslider
Iran a stone glacier sky 5900 learned for the last year and I wasn't quite happy with the fit and kept getting pressure points and neck strain. So I ended up ordering a kifaru muskeg 7000 And I could not be happier the the waste belt is so much nicer than is there then the stone glacier. Stone glacier makes a great pack And they called me to try to make it fit me and walk me through it I just could not get it to work for my body.