Kifaru Kutthroat

hunterjmj

WKR
Bought this pack about two years ago on sale for around $350 and finally fit it for this years hunting trip. I've been using my wife's Minikeg the last couple years and it's been great but it's hers.
I'm a day hunter so I don't really need an external frame large multi day pack. This pack is borderline too big for day hunting but I can put an entire deer in the main compartment so the extra size is nice. Adjustment was fairly simple as I've messed with the minikeg quite a bit to get it fit right.
Side pockets are great for the tripod on one side and trekking poles on the other. The main compartment is huge and would carry everything you'd ever need on a day hunt including additional clothing for cold weather. There is an outer pocket that fits my 15's in the case nicely without accessing the main compartment. Fairly simple setup that rides nice light or loaded with a whole deer. I was also able to put a front quarter of an elk in the main compartment but a hind quarter would not fit. Kind of wish it would but I came back back with a pack frame to pull the rest of the elk out.
Pros:
Rides comfortably with heavy loads
Stores my 15's and tripod with easy access
Will fit a whole deer
Cons:
I miss the full length middle zipper of the minikeg
Won't fit hind quarter of a large elk

Anyhow, thought I'd throw that out for anyone looking into this pack.