Kifaru Pack

One or two trips a year is more than I will probably get to do and I just bit the bullet and ordered a new set up. I have been watching the classifieds for years now looking for a deal but could not find anything worth pursuing. Kifaru gear is selling used for new prices minus the shipping costs. The shipping cost is not out of hand when buying an entire set up so I bought new to make sure I got exactly what I want. If it doesn't work out for me, I know I will not have a problem selling it.

One or two trips a year is more than I will probably get to do and I just bit the bullet and ordered a new set up. I have been watching the classifieds for years now looking for a deal but could not find anything worth pursuing. Kifaru gear is selling used for new prices minus the shipping costs. The shipping cost is not out of hand when buying an entire set up so I bought new to make sure I got exactly what I want. If it doesn't work out for me, I know I will not have a problem selling it.
Thanks, I'm considering this same option.

I have two Kifaru packs, one for day hunts and one for backpack hunts. It is worth the money to buy one from Kifaru that is made to your body specs for fit and comfort. They are bombproof in durability, comfortable, and you will be surprised how many times you use them off season.

Well worth the price. I've used and abused mine for years. It's nice having a dependable pack that is capable of hefty, bulky loads. If it were me I'd invest in a large bag...possibly 6,000 cu in+. You can always cinch a large bag tight but if you don't have enough room for capes, meat, camp, etc you are pretty screwed! I ended up buying 2 bags (a timberline and EMR2). I only use the larger bag (EMR2).

I’ve dropped some big $$$ on packs over the past few years. Kifaru, stone glacier and eco, at this point I simply can’t believe I ever used eberlestocks, kelty, badlands and crap like that.

A good backpack is a million times better than a cheap backpack.

This is the good thing about Rokslide members... honest opinions from folks that know their stuff... I dropped some serious money on my new Kifaru pack system based on their recommendations and I’m very happy with my pack... the only problem with Rokslide is I keep buying more stuff when I see a good review... but hey ya only live once right.. enjoy life while ya can... get your pack used and don’t have any regrets.... from Nashville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I’d taken the advice from guys to buy Kifaru from the start. Would’ve saved me countless miles and time with a crappy pack set up that eventually led me to Kifaru. Spent way too much money trying different pack set ups in hopes of saving money. Could’ve saved a lot of money over the long term by spending money on a quality pack set up from the get go.

I only hunt elk 1-2x per year but use my Kifaru stuff weekly for training. It’s been a wise investment for me and I’d gladly buy another complete set up if something were to happen to all my stuff right now. Money well spent in my opinion.

If you think there is even a remote chance that you will haul heavy/large loads, a proper size Kifaru pack will be well worth the money... Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I wish I’d taken the advice from guys to buy Kifaru from the start. Would’ve saved me countless miles and time with a crappy pack set up that eventually led me to Kifaru. Spent way too much money trying different pack set ups in hopes of saving money. Could’ve saved a lot of money over the long term by spending money on a quality pack set up from the get go.

I only hunt elk 1-2x per year but use my Kifaru stuff weekly for training. It’s been a wise investment for me and I’d gladly buy another complete set up if something were to happen to all my stuff right now. Money well spent in my opinion.

Was one of the setups you tried Mystery Ranch?
I am choosing between the 2 now and don't want to make that same mistake.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Was one of the setups you tried Mystery Ranch?
I am choosing between the 2 now and don't want to make that same mistake.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes, it was an older guide light frame and a Metcalf bag.

Pack fit to your body should surpass buying any specific brand or manufacturer of pack. The way it fits and feels is more important than whose name is on the tag.

Any pack will feel good with 40# or less. Every one I tried felt great with low weight. Kind of deceiving when you really can’t try a pack out to it’s limit without risking not being able to return it. It’s when you start getting heavier weight in there that the Kifaru starts to shine and you know exactly why you spent the extra money.

Back