kifaru pack ?

Tim44

FNG
Been lurking long enough to know that I need a Kifaru Pack. My son and I are gonna purchase bikini frame packs and hi-camp bags we are both about 5"7 and was wondering what would be better the 24 or 26 stays? Some of the coyote brown bags look like they are yellow on the computer but are they dark brown?

bradb

WKR
I am your height and got 26" I can tip my head back and hit the upper cross stay, but it's not in the way. I would get the 26. but more important then height is torso length. I posted pics of foliage with me wearing it if you do a search

dotman

WKR
They coyote brown isn't yellow atleast to my eyes, that is pretty much the color all my k gear is. I would just go for the 26in stays, they resell faster if ever needed. When you order you'll fill out basic info and the pack will come pretty dang close to where you need it.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Can always dial a 26" frame down to a 24" frame height the reverse is not possible. For resale value alone (to have more people able to buy it down the road if you choose) I'd go with the 26" frame. Heck my 5'3" wife using 26" stays on her pack with no ill effects.

OP
T

Tim44

FNG
Thanks for the information guys. Planning on ordering packs tomorrow or next day as soon as I get home from work.

Lawnboi

WKR
I am 5'7. Iv had K packs in 26", 24", and 22".

I get a hair of lift out of 22in, 24 in is perfect for me and 26 was a little too tall for my liking. I would hit my head quite a bit with the 26 and it felt like overkill (mind you im not carrying any loads over 100lbs as well)

If your hesitant I would go 26" However my first K pack was a 26" frame and im glad I bought my last one in the 24" version.

CB isn't nearly as yellow as it looks on the computer screen

I've got to agree with Luke. I have a KU 3700 with 24" stays & a Bikini with 26" stays, but I can't tell the difference when you add the weight. The load lifters are adjustable, so you can make adjust it down to a 24" lift if you like. The 26" does seem to pull the load into your body better. The key is dialing in the perfect shoulder strap length, once that is right the rest is gravy...

I'm 5'7" with a short torso and the 24" stays on my kifaru work well. I can't speak for the 26" since I've never tried them, though.