Kifaru Shape Charge vs Mystery Ranch 3DAP for EDC?

loco99

FNG
Im looking for a solid day pack. I've got it narrowed down between a mystery ranch 3DAP or shape charge for EDC. I'm looking for a bag to travel with that can also be used for some hiking, day trips. I would prefer for it to not look too tactical but I also want a bomb proof bag.

tony

WKR
What’s your EDC load out for a day?
Both are big bags.
I like both brands but, as I get older I find myself carrying less EDC stuff.
Unless you just want Kifaru or MR, I’d look at a hiking pack like osprey. My GF has drug an Osprey day pack to Italy and back, takes it to work daily and just took it on a cruise.
EDC I really like AER, alpha one niner makes some great EDC bags, and the owner is top shelf.
Back to your question out of those two. I like the shape charge.

OP
L

loco99

FNG
What’s your EDC load out for a day?
Both are big bags.
I like both brands but, as I get older I find myself carrying less EDC stuff.
Unless you just want Kifaru or MR, I’d look at a hiking pack like osprey. My GF has drug an Osprey day pack to Italy and back, takes it to work daily and just took it on a cruise.
EDC I really like AER, alpha one niner makes some great EDC bags, and the owner is top shelf.
Back to your question out of those two. I like the shape charge.
Thank you for your reply.
Right now I'm rocking kifaru's urban ruck 2.0 with a sherman pocket, but I'm looking for something a little bigger thats not only a top loader for when I completely fill up the bag.
I'm able to fit most of my stuff in there, but I'm looking for something that I'm able to fit an extra set of clothes, gym shoes and laptop along with my work gear. It'd also be nice if it could double as an outdoor/day hiker backpack, so I guess you could say I'm looking for something thats between a ruck a smaller bag. If that clarifies it at all.
I'll have to check out AER and alpha one niner. I'm also trying to stick with American made bags.
I've looked at ospreys but feel like I would tear up those bags pretty fast.

Souvlaks

FNG
I have a Kifaru Urban Zippy that I was using for most EDC, and I bought a Shape Charge as something I could travel/hike with. I am finding that I grab the urban zippy still more than the Shape Charge. Although the Shape Charge is awesome, it's just a tiny bit too big which is what I found was the problem with the 3DAP too. A Shape Charge the size of the urban zippy...now we're talking.