Kifaru shoulder strap length option???

Skull10

WKR
I was on The Kifaru website today looking to order another tactical 24" frame. I sold my last one and regretted it very quickly. I was filling out the drop down boxes and now I see they have an option for short or tall shoulder strap length option.

I'm not sure of my torso length, but I know the 24" frame is correct size. I am 5'9" and 185ls. I am thicker on top and barrel chested. The last Tactical frame I had always seemed that the straps were shorter at the bottom. Meaning the padding ran out close to my armpits, close to my chest. I wish the padding and straps would wrap around the shoulders toward the pack a bit more, maybe 2".

Can anyone tell me if the longer shoulder straps will allow the padding to come down around the chest more? Just looking for some real world feedback on the shoulder strap length option. Obviously, I will call Kifaru tomorrow to ask their opinion.

WVTrooper

Lil-Rokslider
We are essentially the same build. Get the long ones. I had the shorts and couldn’t get enough adjustment out of them to keep the padded portion (down toward the lumbar pad) in the the “sleeve” and still get the load lifter angle to work. Switched out to the long ones and it fits great.
Although mine were on a lite frame

Last edited:
OP
Skull10

Skull10

WKR
We are essentially the same build. Get the long ones. I had the shorts and couldn’t get enough adjustment out of them to keep the padded portion (down toward the lumbar pad) in the the “sleeve” and still get the load lifter angle to work. Switched out to the long ones and it fits great.
That is the exact information I needed. Thank you so much for the prompt reply.

Damn I'm basically the same size and I just ordered the short. I will call them Monday and discuss it with them and see if they think I should switch.

what is your chest size and torso length? I think torso length and chest size are better measurements then height and weight for shoulder straps.

Shraggs

WKR
Ima 42 chest 18 torso too. I would go short for sure. I had the longs and they wrapped far enough that with weight they became impossible to tighten. Sent Aron a pic and he said too long and when too long you loose leverage. Got shorts now and way better