Kifaru Slick Bag

RAPTOR

WKR
Just looking for suggestions. I'm 5'10"/185 and a side sleeper. I tend to move around at night, looking for which bag to get. I'm sure I'll wind up with a 20 degree bag, looking for guys that have used them. I'm leaning towards the regular/wide. Any suggestion you have would be great. Thanks.

FlyGuy

WKR
I'm about your size, less than an inch taller and 5lbs heavier. Also a side/stomach sleeper. I have the 20 wide regular and I am very happy with it. Doesn't feel claustrophobic to me with the extra room, and still plenty long enough to have some extra clothes for the morning staying warm down at the bottom. I sleep cold so I also Have a woobie as well in case it gets really cold, but was good down to 23F for several nights in Sept without needing to double up.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
I have a regular regular and sleep easily on my side in it. It moves with you really good, thought it was going to be too constricting first time I crawled into it but it isn't. I'm 5'11" 200#

Matt21418

Lil-Rokslider
I am pretty much the same weight and height as you and I had a regular wide 20 deg. I am a side and stomach sleeper as well. I personally couldn't do the whole mummy bag thing, the hood kills it for me, I typically don't sleep with my arms down at my sides and there is no way to put them up above my head with the hood. Therefore i parted ways with my slick bag...it was a sad day as i really wanted to like the bag. I am awaiting the back country bodybag that Kifaru is working on, and also looking into an EE apex quilt as options. I did use the slick bag down into the low thirties with no issue on warmth. During september in colorado high country chasing elk i used a woobie which worked great and was plenty warm for me down into the 40’s sleeping under a supertarp with no annex. That was some of the best back country sleep i have ever got. The other bag that i really liked but sold for a slick bag was the sierra designs back country bed...only downside in my opinion was that it was down insulation...i never had an issue with it getting wet but it was always in the back of my mind. That bag was great for side and stomach sleeper and the quilt system on it worked great!

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyGuy

WKR
I am pretty much the same weight and height as you and I had a regular wide 20 deg. I am a side and stomach sleeper as well. I personally couldn't do the whole mummy bag thing, the hood kills it for me, I typically don't sleep with my arms down at my sides and there is no way to put them up above my head with the hood. Therefore i parted ways with my slick bag...it was a sad day as i really wanted to like the bag. I am awaiting the back country bodybag that Kifaru is working on, and also looking into an EE apex quilt as options. I did use the slick bag down into the low thirties with no issue on warmth. During september in colorado high country chasing elk i used a woobie which worked great and was plenty warm for me down into the 40’s sleeping under a supertarp with no annex. That was some of the best back country sleep i have ever got. The other bag that i really liked but sold for a slick bag was the sierra designs back country bed...only downside in my opinion was that it was down insulation...i never had an issue with it getting wet but it was always in the back of my mind. That bag was great for side and stomach sleeper and the quilt system on it worked great!

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I am curious to find out more about the quilt type bag thingy Kifaru is working on. Saw a short Instagram clip about it several months ago but haven't heard anything else for a while now.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk