Kimber and Tally’s.

Apologize for all the questions, but there’s a wealth of knowledge here so......

With my new Montana I researched and it looked like medium Talleys lightweight would work for my 44mm obj lens scope. Mounted t and had clearance on the bell but not much. When I looked through the scope i was getting some of the end of the barrel in the field of view. That’s odd. Never had that before. In looking at the scope it looked to be canted don towards the end of the barrel. I know the rear mount is a tick higher fro the specs o their site but it seems more than it should be.

I’m wondering if the mount got mixed up at the store somehow or if anyone else had run into this.

Have an email into Aly and some high mounts on the way but I’d like to use the mediums if at all possible. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you have a scope on a lower power setting, like 2X, seeing the tip of the barrel is common in my experience, and not an issue.

OP
C
Emailed Talley this morning before heading to hunt. Got a response about 830. We went back and forth and the rep was able to determine that I have the mounts for the 8400 action and I need them for the 84.

All on a Saturday morning! I ordered the right ones and am hoping they get here by Wednesday.

I can’t say enough good about Talley! I don’t see myself ever using another mount. Great customer service!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk