Kimber Montana .270

Bowhnter

FNG
Just came across a good deal on a Kimber Montana in .270. Any one have experience with this pairing? In looking at the Kimber website it looks like they no longer offer the Montana in .270.

I have the Kimber Montana in 270win. I love it. Took me a bit to figure out how to shoot a lightweight rifle from a bench but after that, and in the field, it’s phenomenal.

Just came across a good deal on a Kimber Montana in .270. Any one have experience with this pairing? In looking at the Kimber website it looks like they no longer offer the Montana in .270.

I currently have 3 light wt. Kimber’s, but only one is a Montana (used to own two Montana’s), and it’s not a .270, however I do have a .270 Mountain Ascent that’s a dream to shoot. All of the Kimber rifles I’ve owned have been very accurate and reliable, with the only exception being a .280 AI that had some feeding issues, but was easily fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VernAK

WKR
I have one in Mountain Ascent and had the Montana model that I passed on to a nephew. Both are very accurate and reliable rifles. The MA is the rifle I most often grab from the safe when headed out. It fits and points like a nice bird gun.. I like mine fitted with a modest lightweight scope.

For decades I've used the various 4831 powders with 130 gr bullets and have recently switched to the newer RL16 powder topped with the 129 LRX or 130TTSX.

cbeard64

WKR
I’ll be the fly in the ointment I guess. Bought a Kimber Montana in .270 WSM years ago and it was the most inaccurate rifle I have ever owned. Tinkered and tinkered with it. Tried over a dozen factory loads and handloads in it and it never shot with enough consistency to really call any of the results a “group”.

Worthless rifle. I sold it for a song because I couldn’t stomach pawning it off on someone without telling them about my issues with it.

I have since learned from reading the forums that Kimber rifles in general and the Montana in particular can be hit or miss propositions. I will never own another Kimber.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Love my Montana 308, it’s been an excellent shooter for the past 3 seasons and won’t be leaving my arsenal anytime soon. I’ve had great luck with several different bullets and weights but right now the 168g ttsx is doing really well with basic load data from Barnes. I may try the 150g but I like the 168g so far. Great gun, well under 6lb with a swarovski z3.

Snyd

WKR
Not a 270 but I've had a MT 325wsm for 14 years. Great rifle.

teamr2

FNG
I don't own a Kimber in 270 but my hunting buddy does. He loves it. I have two Kimber 308's and a 300WM that are all lightweight tack drivers. By far my favorite rifles.