Kimber Mountain Ascent if you already have a super lite Tikka?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Option 3 is they I've been rolling :D

I spent a lot of range time with my Kimber before my Dall hunt and I got pretty comfortable out to 500 yards- that's w/ a 2-7 scope and no dialing. It was time very well spent as my ram was shot at 410 yards :)

OP
JBradley500

JBradley500

Lil-Rokslider
I'm the OP. Don't stop posting because I'm still interested, but I did want to update. I'm doing an ultra ultralight straight pull AR instead. The money difference was huge and for the distances my typical shots are pretty short. I'm hoping to have a 4.5lb + ammo rifle/optics combo.

Marshfly

WKR
I'm the OP. Don't stop posting because I'm still interested, but I did want to update. I'm doing an ultra ultralight straight pull AR instead. The money difference was huge and for the distances my typical shots are pretty short. I'm hoping to have a 4.5lb + ammo rifle/optics combo.
Care to start a new thread detailing the build?

I'm familiar with the big thread that's already around but another build would definitely be cool.

OP
JBradley500

JBradley500

Lil-Rokslider
Care to start a new thread detailing the build?

I'm familiar with the big thread that's already around but another build would definitely be cool.
It's nothing super unique. I ended up at the same place as other people have. Once I'm done I'll update in that thread.

You'll be pleased with a straight-pull AR. There's nothing lighter out there, and compared to the price of traditional bolt-actions, they're downright affordable. 4.5 pounds won't be hard to achieve. In fact, I suggest not going to0 low. They're hard to shoot.

OP
JBradley500

JBradley500

Lil-Rokslider
You'll be pleased with a straight-pull AR. There's nothing lighter out there, and compared to the price of traditional bolt-actions, they're downright affordable. 4.5 pounds won't be hard to achieve. In fact, I suggest not going to0 low. They're hard to shoot.
I agree. Pricing out the lightweight AR parts made me realize I'd spend half or less than a Mountain Ascent, and I like the size/ergos/trigger of the AR better anyway.