Kimber Subalpine Build

Brightside

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Kimber Subalpine in 30-06. The rifle shoots! I cannot complain about the accuracy thats for sure. Its got a VX5 mounted on it with Warne Maxima bases, Mountain Tech rings. I added the Kimber brake but the gun straight out kicks the piss outta me! 15 rounds and I'm black and blue. I am not recoil sensitive, my technique is fairly good, but the stock fits me terribly. Actually, my buddy has the same gun in 300wsm and I have no issues. Feels great! I can't figure out why, but I hate the way this gun feels.

I am getting into another gun chambered in a 7mm, looking at options now. But for the Kimber, I am thinking about making it a project. Really I would like to keep it an 06, possibly a 338-06, but with a shorter carbon barrel and a more ergonomic stock. This would make a great Oregon Coast gun, my backyard.

Anybody have any ideas of a smith that could help with this? Thanks!

Attachments

• Notes_211211_150604_b15.jpg
    Notes_211211_150604_b15.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 31
Rechamber to 280 AI and sling some 162gr pills. I've been wanting a Kimber MA in 280 AI for some time but other things keep coming up.

Should be a cool project. Shot a few Kimhers. Good guns. Accurate. Light as hell. Can’t love the feel of the stocks. If there was a stock option that kept the weight low, I would be much more interested in owning one myself.

Unoboats

WKR
Classified Approved
I put a hart 284 win barrel on my 280ai Subalpine
Best decision ever
Had Hart rifles do it