Kings XKG Down Transition Pants

rbi2210

FNG
I’m looking to add puffy pants to my system without breaking the bank. Reviews are pretty sparse on these. Can anyone comment on these? Should I upsize or are they sized pretty generously? I am between these and the Black Ovis Anchorpoint. Thank you in advance.

intunegp

WKR
I've tried them on at Scheels and was impressed for the price. They don't feel SUPER durable but I've never seen any down pants that do...they're for sitting still so theoretically it shouldn't matter much. They have 4.7oz of 650 fill which should be plenty warm. I'll probably pick up a pair as my first down pants before next season. I normally wear a large, their large fit me about as I'd want/expect. The 3/4 zip is plenty to get them over boots. They're also on CamoFire today for $124.

As an alternative I'd consider the BlackOvis Anchor Point...reinforced seat and knees with 4.2oz of 800 fill which should be a little warmer. I also like the external cargo pocket. The King's do use waterproof down and I don't think BlackOvis does, so that might be something else to work into the equation. I've fluctuated back and forth and usually land on either/or being better than nothing, but I haven't pulled the trigger on either pair yet.

OP
R

rbi2210

FNG
Thank you for your input. It sounds like we are in the same boat. I saw them on camofire which sparked this thread. I wish Black Ovis didn’t change their green color this year.