Knife search - or where to look?

Bluto

WKR
Posted a WTB in the classifieds just in case, but I’m guessing that’s some “that one in a million crap.”

Looking for a Buck 113, but in S30V. Buck Custom shop still sells them, but they’re 6-8 weeks out. Tried eBay, it’s usually a spot to check for old/leftover stock or people unloading stuff they don’t use - empty. I know/think that there was a cabelas edition at some point that came “stock” with S30V, but no more.

I know there’s a truckload of good options in quality steel, but the 113 has some intangible value to me personally. If I can’t find one I’ll probably get an Argali carbon.

Tons of custom options I’ve chased links to here and elsewhere - beautiful, quality knives but price and availability won’t work this go around.

Anyone have ideas on good places to try and track one down? Im tempted to get one in the lower quality steel since I have a sharpener on hand anyway, but I’d really prefer the better stuff.

OP
Bluto

Bluto

WKR
Yep, gave it a shot. Nothing to speak of. (Reading about knives there is like reading about binos on a birding forum!)

OP
Bluto

Bluto

WKR
Yeah I saw that line, looks like some good stuff. Unfortunately unavailable, can’t even find an eBay reseller that has one. No one wants to part with it if they have the AGS knives.

That said, I will still probably get one for sentimental value, but just ordered a custom in MagnaCut from a Rokslider 👍🏻

Do you have a local Cabelas or bass pro near you? They may have on in store as they are listed as not available online. Could call and ask.

They are great knives I love mine. I also had one made for my father in law when I married my wife. Polished Crome instead of brass and water buffalo scales with his name engraved. Beautiful knife. That whole line of knives was nice when they came out. Wish they still made that fillet knife.