Kodiak Cabin Lodge Tent (12x12)

Steve P

FNG
Does anyone on here have any experience with or currently use this tent for any of their hunting trips ? Looking to make a tent purchase this summer and I like this setup so far. Just wondering about it's durability, any pro's/con's or any other systems comparable to this one I should consider looking at also

Last edited:
There are alot of threads on here about Kodiak tents.
Other then not being freestanding at all and having to drive a bunch of steaks there great.
Only other minor drawback is if the door is open rain comes rite in and in most big storms you need to roll up the vestibule.
I'd suggest paying the extra money for a flex bow as well, easier setup.
You only have to pay for it once, you'll have to set it up many times.

Terrapin

WKR
I love our flex-bows... but it sure looks like the cabin model would take three guys a twelve pack of beer to set-up. I think if I was going to work that hard I would go with a canvas wall tent. The benefits of the Kodiak Flex-bows is how fast 1 person can set them up and still have a robust, weatherproof tent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Steve P

Steve P

FNG
Ok thanks for the replies. One reason I was considering this model as it was the only one I see that has stove jack for woodstove. The flex bows can't be used with a stove correct ?

mmac

WKR
Steve,

You are not correct. I just got a flexbow and really like it. I got the 10X14 and really happy with the size. I got the Flexbow over the Kodiak for a couple of reasons, but one of the main ones was the option of a wood stove from the factory. They are out of the stoves right now, but will be in soon. Seemed to be the only flexbow style I could set up easy by myself and ready as a hot tent. They others I looked at were center pole designs, but didn't have the room etc for 3 guys and a stove.

mmac

WKR
I do see the benefit of a propane heater as BRT suggests. The pros and cons of each are all over forums. But if out for a while, I don't think the stove can be beat.

OP
Steve P

Steve P

FNG
Steve,

You are not correct. I just got a flexbow and really like it. I got the 10X14 and really happy with the size. I got the Flexbow over the Kodiak for a couple of reasons, but one of the main ones was the option of a wood stove from the factory. They are out of the stoves right now, but will be in soon. Seemed to be the only flexbow style I could set up easy by myself and ready as a hot tent. They others I looked at were center pole designs, but didn't have the room etc for 3 guys and a stove.
Ok thanks

OP
Steve P

Steve P

FNG
Steve,

Ok appreciate your help but where are you seeing you can order that tent with the wood stove jack ? I emailed Kodiak Canvas about the Flex Bow Deluxe tent and if it can be ordered with that option and they said that's not available and they do not recommend it ?

mmac

WKR
Steve,

Springbar is the original design and they have the stove models and stoves. Sorry, should have been more clear.

Spingbar is a little more, but I thought worth it and they have a couple models that accept and are made with the intention of the stove.

Again, I think both are well made.