kodiak canvas flex bow tent

I've been looking at the 10X14 for a while now. I'm curious what others think about them. Their durability, set up, space, etc. I will be using it for family camping and hunting trips. Torn between a Davis wall tent and the Kodiak. Pro's and con's for both. I do like the floor in the Kodiak as I am not a fan of floor less tents.

CorbLand

WKR
We bought one at the end of last year and planned to use it a bunch this year but by the looks of it, it will be July before the snow is gone.

All the reports were heard was they are good for the price tag they put on it.

Grizz208

FNG
I have a Davis tent and love it! My buddy has the kodiak. Both are super solid tents, wouldn't go wrong with either. I can put my wall tent up faster than the kodiak but that maybe because ive done it way more times! I like the floorless personally with a small tarp next to my cot. Plus I just like the look of the wall tent more.

ODB

WKR
I have a 10x10 kodiak flex bow. Nice tent, easy to setup... my only real complaint is the angled sidewalls. I went back and forth between a flex bow and standard and went with the flex bow because I so a lot of stuff by myself. When I am by myself,. the angled walls are no real big deal, but whwen you add two more people the vertical side walls would be a plus.

Kodiak makes them (cabin style) now in a 10x10. If I bought today, I would likely get one like this: https://www.kodiakcanvas.com/10x10-cabin-lodge-tent-sr-stove-ready/. Drag around the 360 view and you can see you have a full 10 x 10 useable floor.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
Can't comment on the wall tent, but I have the 10x14 FlexBow and it is a terrific tent in every sense of the word. It can withstand harsh winter weather and fierce summer thunder storms. Both scenarios had lots o' wind and the tent handled it with nary a problem.

Set up (just the tent) is about 25 mins alone. With another person, that drops to 15 mins. With a little motivation like an impending storm, 10 minutes is probably possible.

Good luck,

Eddie

EMAZ

Lil-Rokslider
Like my Kodiak quite a bit…it’s heavy, but that’s to be expected for a canvas tent. Works great with a buddy heater and keeping warm in the later hunts…plenty of room inside the 10x14; good ventilation with the windows unzipped.

Attachments

• IMG_7009.jpeg
    IMG_7009.jpeg
    545.7 KB · Views: 82
Absolutely LOVE my 10x14 VX. I’ve had my whole family of 5 with queen blow up and two cots. It’s really not bad. Two cots and a table and it’s giant. The end vents are awesome. Mines going with on my august bear hunt to Idaho.
8fcafc6eaeece7d49d33d6474aa68921.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thegrouse

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 10 x 14. It is a great tent, takes up a lot of room in the vehicle. It goes up quick if you use an impact and lag bolts for stakes. I would have bought a Springbar, but they had a hard time keeping the Made in USA ones in stock.

KineKilla

WKR
I lived in my 10x14 fkexbow for several weeks last year. It's probably the best made tent I have ever owned.

I had a friend cut me some lightweight panels that I used as a floor. They're rigid, compressed foam or something. That gave me an insulated, stiff floor, which was really nice.

If you leave it up like I did, the leaves can stain the white canvas on top. Springbar makes a synthetic rainfly, I've been tempted to see if it would fit on the Kodiak for that reason alone.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

bsween8

FNG
I have a 10x14 and agree with all of the positive feedback everyone has given it. It is an awesome tent. I've had it in all types of weather from 90 degree days to 0 degree days and high winds and snow and it has handled everything. It fits two guys with cots and a table comfortably or 3 guys with cots and a table with minimal space to move around. We also run a buddy heater in it on colder trips and it heats up and holds heat well.

OP
B
Thanks for all the great feedback! I’m not sure I like the angled walls that much but I’m sure it’s not much of an issue. I’ll look at the cabins as well. If I go with a kodiak then I think I will spring for their screenhouse next year and get the added vestibule thing for the awning this year. Anyone have any interior pics with all their gear inside?

The other tent was looking at is a wilderness trails llama tent but dang those are pricey!

Paul B

Lil-Rokslider
I use my kodiaks more then any other tents. Clients are always impressed as well after staying in them for a hunt

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I used a buddy's on 2 hunts and have loved it. We bought a 10x14 and love it but haven't used it a ton. Edit: we got the vx, which I would recommend doing.

@92xj put a stove jack in his.

Red33

FNG
I've got a Kodiak 10x14, and I love it. Really, the only time consuming part about putting it up is driving all the stakes- I am usually solo, but it is still only about 15 min total. I use a buddy heater sparingly, like 10 min before bed and just before I get out of bed, and it heats up the tent very well. With a large cot, table, foldable chair, and all my gear, I still have tons of room. Sorry, but I can't find any pics of the interior. I would absolutely recommend getting the vestibule for it, it makes a huge difference when you get any type of weather. I also use an adjustable/ expandable painters pole with a rubber end cap from a crutch to prop up the awning a bit for when it rains really hard- it makes a difference and can help move the water to the side of the awning that you use least.

KineKilla

WKR
I've got a Kodiak 10x14, and I love it. Really, the only time consuming part about putting it up is driving all the stakes- I am usually solo, but it is still only about 15 min total. I use a buddy heater sparingly, like 10 min before bed and just before I get out of bed, and it heats up the tent very well. With a large cot, table, foldable chair, and all my gear, I still have tons of room. Sorry, but I can't find any pics of the interior. I would absolutely recommend getting the vestibule for it, it makes a huge difference when you get any type of weather. I also use an adjustable/ expandable painters pole with a rubber end cap from a crutch to prop up the awning a bit for when it rains really hard- it makes a difference and can help move the water to the side of the awning that you use least.
Red makes a good point. Water can/will pool on the awning and also where the awning meets the tent. If you expect rain, you can set the awning pole (the one farthest from the door) in the ground lower than the other. This will give the awning a slope towards that side and help with draining.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

MThuntr

WKR
Several friends have their flexbows and seem to like them. Others seem to hate them. Most users seem to like them though.

I didn't want one and opted for the 12x12 last fall because of the option for a woodstove. I used it on a fall hunt and it rained the whole time. The windows are great for airing the place out especially after firing the woodstove. Definitely need a method for going in and out because the vinyl floor got filthy. I have outdoor carpet for the entry but it is a major hassle keeping it clean. It's is heavy. In hindsight, a smaller wall tent would have been my preference.

311863108_10167393318290553_479187214203297762_n.jpg