Kowa 553 neoprene case?

luke moffat

Super Moderator
On every spotter I’ve had I’ve disliked the objective and eyepiece covers, the Kowa’s covers don’t seem to be much better. Think I might see if the Vortex Deffender 56mm cover will work for the objective, shouldn’t add much weight and will be a flip up that I can’t lose. Will leave the eyepiece cover as is for digiscoping.

Sweet. Let me know if that works too. I have a spare on of those around.

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Finished up everything I wanted to do to this lil guy, didn’t do a final weight but not much was added. The objective neoprene cover easily goes over the Defender flip cap but if one wanted it could be removed as the flip cap seems pretty secure when snapped in place.

Vortex Razor case used/customer return to B&H $30
Vortex Defender 56 flip cap $20
1mm guy line, already had

Last edited:

kong

Lil-Rokslider
Finished up everything I wanted to do to this lil guy, didn’t do a final weight but not much was added. The objective neoprene cover easily goes over the Defender flip cap but if one wanted it could be removed as the flip cap seems pretty secure when snapped in place.

Vortex Razor case used/customer return to B&H $30
Vortex Defender 56 flip cap $20
1mm guy line, already had

Was that the O-56 flip cap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
I never understood the point of a spotting scope cover when you’re carrying it in your pack, do you guys just use them for the looks? Why care about a scratch on a spotter that doesn’t effect its performance? Just curious

When

FNG
Covers are nicer for cold temps, grip more securely, and sling from shoulder.