Kowa Genesis 8x33

bird35

FNG
I sold the 10.5x44 genesis and picked up 10x42 SLCs. I like the size/weight of the swaros but everything else went Kowa.

The Swaro's are nice too and potentially have a bit more depth (not sure if that's what it's called but switching distances doesn't require as much movement of the focus wheel), but the Kowa's are definitely a superb value if you don't mind the size.
I agree the depth of field is a bit better on the SLC, i have the SLC 8x42 and was comparing them to the Genesis last night and noticed i didnt have to be adjusting the focus as much. Neither of them required much adjustment between 10 to 200 yards but the genesis did need a bit more.

OP
Pabst

Pabst

Lil-Rokslider
I have been looking into the the Kowa Genesis 8x33 for about 6 month and finally decided to oder a pair this week. Should be here Monday. Hopefully they are as good as all the reviews say they are.
Let us know what you think when you get yours.

bird35

FNG
Let us know what you think when you get yours.
So far so good. I haven't got to use them too much yet. I have compared them a little bit to some slc 8x42 and maven b3 8x30. I am only looking out to about 200 yards. I can tell the depth of field is a little bit better on the slc. The maven and the kowa are real close. I don't personally notice the kowa having a smallish sweet spot like others have. I feel like it has very similar clarity and sharpness to the slc. Being the 33 they are definitely smaller which is nice. The fit and finish seem really good. The eye cups were very stiff at first, so much so that the eye cups twisted off before up but they loosed up a bit now.I do not wear glass so the eye relief works fine for me. The focus is stiff but smooth, much better than the slc. My slc has a horrible focus wheel, it is very gritty and has more resistance one direction than the other. I feel that over all for the price difference the Kowa genesis are very close to the slc's especially for the price difference.

OP
Pabst

Pabst

Lil-Rokslider
The size, FOV, optical quality and price is in such a sweet spot that I find myself carrying mine a lot.