Kowa TSN-99a vs. Leica APO 82

tehmuel85

FNG
I recently tried my uncle's 20+ year old Leica APO Televid 77 and not having experienced a quality scope before, I was amazed at the quality. I immediately set out to buy a Leica, but upon researching discovered that Kowa seems to be the way to go. Then I found out about the new TSN-99a which seems to be the biggest and best scope available.

I live in an area where I can't test either scope. I've seen others have the same problem with testing various scopes.

Does anybody have a general opinion of the Kowa TSN-99a vs the Leica APO Televid 82?

The Kowa 99 is about twice as heavy and larger. Does anybody who owns one find the size to be a drawback or do you even notice?

Open to general comments about the pros and cons of either scope. This is one of those things you buy and have for 25 years, so I am thinking carefully about it.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
As a long standing supporting vendor on this forum it would be our pleasure to discuss this and special opportunities with you. Please give us a call, 516-217-1000, if you have a few minutes

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
I recently owned the Leica 82, the Kowa 88 and the Swaro 85 and tested all three side by side on three tripods. The kowa 88 was, to my eye, the best of the three in the 80mm class of spotters, so the 99 can only be above and beyond when compared to any of the others.

dtrkyman

WKR
I have a 77 series Kowa, thing is awesome! Used it next to a Swaro 95, of course the 95 helped a little in low light but they are comparable otherwise.

That 99 would be awesome!