KRG Echo - Sporterish version of bravo for tikkas

Didn't remove a ton of weight from the Bravo but looks like a nice option nonetheless! If it weren't for rokstok i bet they'd have sold a bunch to roksliders. If rokstok is as good as I think it will be, i'd rather have that extra lb of weight in a heavier barrel and scope. Sure love the ergos of Bravo's though!

Feel a little bad for KRG after hounding them for a lighter tikka version and now likely not buying one..

1705090994838.png

H80Hunter

WKR
Yeah for the echo. I meant that I think it’s the first KRG stock for long action Tikkas?

Antares

WKR
Very little weight savings over a Bravo (0.15 lbs/2.4 oz) by my math. Factory mags will give some additional weight savings over AICS, but overall not enough to get me interested. Glad to see more Tikka options though. I probably would've bought one of these a few years ago if they were available. Interested to hear what people think once they hit the market.

SamsonMan22

Lil-Rokslider
To me it’s not a great improvement over the original bravo. Narrow barrel channel, butt hook, and minimal weight savings just don’t do it for me. The factory mag deal is nice but that’s about it.

I’m not sure how many they will sell now that we have rok on the market, but I do like it.

I think it will work better for treestanders and the like than the bravo with that forend design for holding more comfortably and quieter mags.

While Im planning to switch to rokstok from my eh1 this I think would have pulled me away also depending on price point.

Hell I may do both

feanor

WKR
If one had the time and skill and tools, could material be removed on a bravo to lighten it, or is it all kind of baked into the performance?

Macintosh

WKR
Guessing the weight is pretty much baked in, as its concentrated in the metal chassis, which I’m sure is the same part used in bravo and others. Maybe you could tear down the whole thing and drill the chassis out?

As far as the butt hook, is that part replaceable like it is in the bravo?

Macintosh

WKR
The one thing I did notice is a flush screw holding the adjustable comb in place. Been meaning to do that on my bravo, just havent gotten around to it. I assume a standard size screw with an inset allen head from a hardware store will do the trick easy.

Outcast

FNG
The one thing I did notice is a flush screw holding the adjustable comb in place. Been meaning to do that on my bravo, just havent gotten around to it. I assume a standard size screw with an inset allen head from a hardware store will do the trick easy.
Same thread as the screws for the recoil pad. I used one of those on mine.

Buzby

WKR
If one had the time and skill and tools, could material be removed on a bravo to lighten it, or is it all kind of baked into the performance?
I can’t remember where I saw it, but someone did. They had a friend with a mill, and removed some material. The conclusion was, the juice wasn’t worth the squeeze. Didn’t shave much weight, his friend did it for free, otherwise is would not be worth the effort.