Kuiu Attack vs Tiburon suggestions

arwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
My legs always run hot when I'm hiking so I wear Tiburons year round. If it's going to be cold hunt, I'll pack puffy pants to throw over when I'm not moving. They are whisper quiet which is key for me and dry super fast. Only complain is the durability--here in the SW they shred apart quickly.

11CD11

FNG
welcome.

@DosAmigos nailed it. I have and like both. Tiburons are breezy in a good way but don’t serve well once the temps drop too much. Attacks start getting swampy about 70 for me.

fwiw I have to size up everything in kuiu. In the pants it is the seat and thighs that are too small. 38 goes to 40 In their pants and xxl goes to xxxl in their tops. I really like their gear and it has been a while since one of their pieces disappointed me.
I’m new to the sight so not sure how it works. I’m looking to get the Tiburons for my son for a gift and not sure on side. He is 6’4, 240, athletic build. Levi’s he wears a 36/34. I have read I should go up a size but I’m wondering if I go to a 38 or 40? We are in Canada so I want him to be able to layer. Any advice would be great.

I’m new to the sight so not sure how it works. I’m looking to get the Tiburons for my son for a gift and not sure on side. He is 6’4, 240, athletic build. Levi’s he wears a 36/34. I have read I should go up a size but I’m wondering if I go to a 38 or 40? We are in Canada so I want him to be able to layer. Any advice would be great.
hard to say but I would go up at least a size for room in the butt and thighs.

FWIW Tiburons are summer / hot weather pants. The weave actually incorporates small holes For air flow. I don’t use mine for anything but warm weather. I think the attacks are much better all around pants.

BBob

WKR
In between the Attack and the Tiburon lie the Kutana. I think they are Kuiu's best all around pant. I love my Tiburon's and wear them here in the SW year round but I also like the Kutana's and wear them often. Funny thing is I wear the Kutana as a daily wear pant, almost never in the field and the Tiburon as a field hunting pant. I'll use zip off base layer and carry puffy over pants when it's cold. My Attack's are hardly ever worn down here even in winter. Kutana's fit slightly tighter than the Tiburon and probably the Attack too. FWIW I'm a 32 in all of them.

JRS3

FNG
Attacks run the tightest of all Kuiu on me. I’m a 36 and the Attacks can be tight. I find the Tiburons and Kutanas more comfortable in fit.

I like the Tiburons in >80F temps.

The Kutanas are my favorite all around pant, as they fit better and I like the fabric for more brush resistance than the Attacks. They work very well in warm and moderate to cool temps. If I need a heavier pant, I go with the Axis hybrid.

11CD11

FNG
Thanks for the response
In between the Attack and the Tiburon lie the Kutana. I think they are Kuiu's best all around pant. I love my Tiburon's and wear them here in the SW year round but I also like the Kutana's and wear them often. Funny thing is I wear the Kutana as a daily wear pant, almost never in the field and the Tiburon as a field hunting pant. I'll use zip off base layer and carry puffy over pants when it's cold. My Attack's are hardly ever worn down here even in winter. Kutana's fit slightly tighter than the Tiburon and probably the Attack too. FWIW I'm a 32 in all of them.
That’s funny, I called Kuiu to ask about sizing and they recommended the Kutana. I think I will go with that. Little heavier for our Canadian Spring and fall. Thanks so much for the info.