KUIU Guide - Sitka 90% - First Lite ???

I've owned or own the Guide series pants and jacket from KUIU, and the 90% pants and jacket from Sitka. I consider these to be very equivalent garments in terms of fabric type (softshell), fabric weight, insulation level and general construction.

My question is for those who know with certainty which (if any) pants-jacket combo from First Lite is the equivalent or most comparable to the Guide or 90%? Do tell and explain if you know. Thanks!

I have the 90% Sitka pants and all of FL pants (Knabbs, Corregate, North branch). I'm afraid there is no equivalent.

90% pants sorta fall between FL Corregate and North Branch.

I tend to agree.

In fact I se the corrugated pants with a north branch jacket more often than any combo of first light gear.

boom

WKR
just got back from FREEZING my ass in the desert..okay i was kinda comfortable actually. why? i credit the used North Branch jacket i got. it is heavier than my Sitka 90% which is why i packed it. it feels more durable, and i got zero snags despite my best efforts crossing barbwire, crawling thru bushes..and laying on the ground. every plant in AZ wants to stab you. the North Branch feels "neoprene-like". heavier..it was less quiet, but my 90% jacket is old and has been washed a hundred times and feels softer than new.

i had to mix-match and wore my KUIU superdown hoodie jacket underneath...a down hood is super efficient pulled over a beanie. my brother wore his Guide with a down arcterix..and he was warm as well. you cant go wrong.

How do you like the 90% pants?I'm looking at something for 3rd/4th season Colorado.

OP
Kevin Dill
How do you like the 90% pants?I'm looking at something for 3rd/4th season Colorado.

I'm not sure who this question is toward, but I'll volunteer this much. I really like the 90% Sitka. I literally can find nothing about that line which is a negative to me. For the exact hunts I'm doing now, I prefer the KUIU Guide series because it is a bit warmer and I like the overall cut better for me. I haven't owned any 90% for about 3 or 4 years now, so not absolutely certain of it in all respects...the latest generation.

I started this thread thinking I might like the FL North Branch but after really digging deep and comparing, I've decided against it. I'm sure it's a great line but appears to not be ideal for what I like.

NDGuy

WKR
Both the Kanabs and Corrugates are not a cold weather pant. Corrugates you can get away with if you are moving a lot but I wouldn't want to wear them if I am glassing or sitting for extended periods of time in cooler temps. You could maybe get away with it if you are wearing warmer baselayers. No experience with the North Branch pants unfortunately.

All that being said I love the Corrugates!

Rucker61

WKR

I have a pair of the previous generation in a solid grey that I use for late season. Last year in -15F temps those and the heavy weight First Lite base layers were perfect. The only time we stopped was to shoot some elk, so I don't know how well they'd perform in long cold glassing sessions.

Brendan

WKR
I don't like the North Branch as much as I liked the Guide when I owned it. I think the North Branch is warmer, no pit zips, no hood so less versatile for me.

IdahoBeav

WKR
For the next 13 hours
0050d97c0275d96502777c9586879338.jpg

I have this jacket and really like it, but even though I paid $220, I felt like it may have been too much compared to Kuiu, especially when Kuiu has a sale.

The 90% pants are on sale right now at camofire too. Unfortunately, they don't have my size.

Yeah I had my eye on those pants this morning but the pants in a 32 already sold out and I don't want to make a quick purchase until I really decide on what I need. I know I'll have a merino base layer. I already have some lightweight hiking pants. I could probably just get a puffy pant and be done. I don't have any kind of rain shell for pants. Decisions decisions!

The Timberline and a good base layer might be a good combo at that point depending on activity.