Kuiu Icon Pro 3200 vs Pro 3600

Thinking of upgrading (?) for 1-3 day backpack hunts in the Adirondacks.

Currently have the Icon Pro, could use a bit more room.

Would most likely purchase the full kit, sell the icon pro kit.

Those who have used both, thoughts either way?

OP
NYRifleman
Scored Chugach rain gear at 40% off, packs weren't included unfortunately.

Did you find a significant upgrade in the suspension comfort?

I was in the same similar situation. I ended up buying a Pro 6000 bag for longer trips and use the lid from it with my 3200 bag now on shorter trips. The lid helps hold a lot of my daily items.

hunting1

WKR
Scored Chugach rain gear at 40% off, packs weren't included unfortunately.

Did you find a significant upgrade in the suspension comfort?
Too bad, I avoided logging in since I knew i'd buy something.

Yes, the suspension is an upgrade! The new packs are a little better laid out as well I think. I bought mine during a sale and they are a great pack set up. I have a bunch of Kifaru's and other but just wanted it to play with and ended up keeping it. Packed an elk this year, no issues.

CWalker

FNG
I don’t have both experience with both, but I do have the icon pro 3200. I did replace the straps with the Apex shoulder harness they had in the outlet and it helped a lot with how the bag feels. If I were to upgrade, I’d probably go with their new pro LT line, you can get the 5500 for the same or less weight as my current icon 3200 and almost double the pack size. Might be worth considering if you’re in the market to upgrade.

OP
NYRifleman
Thanks CWalker. I guess I should have been more clear in my initial post, specifically interested in whether or not the suspension is an upgrade - so thanks for your input.

Looking at the 3600 for Adirondack hunts and will probably add a 7800 bag for Alaska

I ran the icon pro with the 3200 for a few seasons. I liked it but was wanting something more, just about the time I was looking at other pack options kuiu came out with their upgraded pro suspension and I bought it with the 3600 pro bag. Having packed out meat with both setups I can say the new pro suspension is a huge step up. I didn’t like the lumbar pad in the old icon pro, I had hot spots around my hips when packing a black bear, meat and hide. The new pro suspension was tested this year packing out a mule deer and the only thing I felt was burning in my legs, which is to be expected given the terrain. No hot spots and felt very comfortable. I do prefer the new pro bag to the old icon pro as well. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Pro suspension is a big upgrade over the Icon pro setup. The adjustable lumbar pad made a big difference for me personally.

OP
NYRifleman
Ordered the 7800 Pro system today in their Cyber Monday sale. Previously picked up a 3600 bag from a member here.

Clarence

WKR
Thanks CWalker. I guess I should have been more clear in my initial post, specifically interested in whether or not the suspension is an upgrade - so thanks for your input.

Looking at the 3600 for Adirondack hunts and will probably add a 7800 bag for Alaska
The new suspension prevented me from spending a pile of cash. The lumbar pad is a ton better in my opinion, and the waist belt wraps around my hips much better. It's a pretty solid suspension at this point in my opinion. If they make a wider and stiffer frame, I would be a happy camper. The suspension is now more capable than the frame in my opinion. The frame is good until loads get big and heavy.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

PHo

WKR
What Firestone said. The old suspension was decent but the new suspension is way more comfortable than the old one, and along with the latest edition of the carbon frame, has now made Kuiu comparable to all the higher end packs. A lot of people like to sh*t on Kuiu packs (especially on this forum), but I think most of those negative opinions were associated with the old packs.

Zslayer

FNG
I have the 3600. Great pack! But I am going to be buying a bigger bag. I would say go bigger because when you’re not needing as much room the Kuiu packs cinch down to next to nothing. Most packs will be big and bulky when not in use, not the case with the Kuiu packs.

hunting1

WKR
I have the 3600. Great pack! But I am going to be buying a bigger bag. I would say go bigger because when you’re not needing as much room the Kuiu packs cinch down to next to nothing. Most packs will be big and bulky when not in use, not the case with the Kuiu packs.
The 6000 cinched down next to my loaded 3600 you can't tell the difference looking. If I did not have both I would advise go big!