Kuiu Pro Suspension - Sizing Question

So I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a Kuiu Pro pack setup and want to make sure I size the suspension correctly. My jean size is 33 (and they're a tad loose), my suit pant size is 35" (they fit a tad tight), and my actual measured waist size is 36 @ pant line and 37 @ belly button. The sizing breakdown is S/M (<34") and L/XL (>34"). By actual measurement, I should be a L/XL. From everyone's experience, is there enough play in the L/XL for me to be able to cinch it up tight enough and is this the right size?

Griz34

Lil-Rokslider
If I were you I'd call their customer service. My waist is a couple inches bigger than yours, and when I crank it down with just jeans on for training I have about another 3 or 4 inches of adjustment left with the L/XL belt. I considered the S/M belt, but I was worried it wouldn't be big enough for a late season hunt when I'm wearing a lot more layers.

eamyrick

WKR
I wear a 34 in everything and my L/XL icon pro has about 2 inches left. I feels perfect as you get lots of padding but not sure it would work if you had a 32 inch waist.

ChrisAU

WKR
Just went and did some measuring, I’m 38” around the belly button and my L/XL cinches down to around 10” between the two hip belt padded sections with plenty of strap to pull on. Based on that I’m guessing some one would have to be 32-33” at the **belly button** with an extreme load in the pack and a few days of calorie deficiencies (IE a successful hunt) before they could bottom out a L/XL suspension. This is the new pro btw.

Go with the L/XL belt. I was in the same situation and had a S/M. Upgraded to the pro L/XL and it fits much better and feels great.

dapesche

WKR
I'm curious. Does the L/XL waist belt have a larger foam belt? or is there just more nylon belt to wrap around you?

For me I am a comfortable 33" waist but get to 32" in the fall. With all my gear on I'm probably 34". If all there is with the L/XL is some extra nylon strap then I might as well go up in size and then just trim and melt the excess belt.

However, if there is a big foam section in the L/XL then I'd totally just go up in size for that.

Anybody know the exact differences between the S/M and the L/XL...?

RLam

FNG
I'm curious. Does the L/XL waist belt have a larger foam belt? or is there just more nylon belt to wrap around you?

For me I am a comfortable 33" waist but get to 32" in the fall. With all my gear on I'm probably 34". If all there is with the L/XL is some extra nylon strap then I might as well go up in size and then just trim and melt the excess belt.

However, if there is a big foam section in the L/XL then I'd totally just go up in size for that.

Great question as I'm in the exact same boat as you are

I’m not 100% sure on this as I’ve never measured them but I have had both Kuiu size belts. The L/XL seems to have a longer foam/belt section. The nylon length seems the same on a S/M vs a L/XL.
I wear 34 in all of kuiu pants and the L/XL suspension is more comfortable for me.

dapesche

WKR
Thanks Cahunter.

Rlam, I'll be able to report back to you as one of my friends has the L/XL and X-Tall frame and my other friend has the S/M. with regular frame.

I just need to drive to try them on so I'll report back. It's worth the drive before I spend the money.

Speaking to a guide up her in BC, we're fairly similar sizing and he thinks I should be a S/M with a Tall Frame.

I am 5'10". 170-175ish lbs. Waist is comfortable in a 33" waist pant but I can make a 32" as well.
I have shorter legs and a long torso.

I'll let you know how it goes.

RLam

FNG
Thanks Cahunter.

Rlam, I'll be able to report back to you as one of my friends has the L/XL and X-Tall frame and my other friend has the S/M. with regular frame.

I just need to drive to try them on so I'll report back. It's worth the drive before I spend the money.

Speaking to a guide up her in BC, we're fairly similar sizing and he thinks I should be a S/M with a Tall Frame.

I am 5'10". 170-175ish lbs. Waist is comfortable in a 33" waist pant but I can make a 32" as well.
I have shorter legs and a long torso.

I'll let you know how it goes.

RLam

FNG
That would be great. I'm a little bigger at 33-34 waist, 5'11" and about 185 so I'll keep that in mind when considering your response.

Colobwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
I am a 34” waist and went with the L/XL and it fits perfect I have room to expand if wearing lots of layers or it can be cinched up for just a T shirt. Just received my pack about a month ago and am loving it you’ll be happy with yours!

Moserkr

WKR
Interesting, seems Im the only one that went down to the s/m belt wearing 33” pants. 34” pants are a bit loose, and a lot more loose by seasons end. Im probably a 32-33” waist and i wear 34” kuiu which are loose. Im 5’10 180, closer to 170 after the season. Chose the tall frame as my legs arent that long compared to the torso. I live near the showroom and tried both belts before I bought the pack. L/XL wouldnt cinch down tight enough to work for me, it touched. S/M has a lot of room to cinch down and i wish it has a little more padding to go around but fits great. The webbing is long and i have plenty left.

OP if you wear a 35” suit and 33” pant, the L/XL you ordered will probably fit perfect. Sounds like you are just a little bit bigger than me. @dapesche Id wager you are a s/m like me. Try before you buy if you can for sure being on the edge and cinch that L/XL tight like you have a elk quarter in the pack. My old ultra kuiu pack was a L/XL and after i lost weight, wouldnt cinch down for a pack out.

Seen it twice now - buddy (and me) buys the larger size, hunts harder, loses weight, has to buy all new gear that fits.

ghostrider272

Lil-Rokslider
Similar experience here. Have a 33-34 waist, 36 dress pant, 6'4" 220 and ordered a L/XL and X-tall frame. Even cinched down as tight as I can handle I have room left on the belt. For reference, my MR Pintler needed the S/M belt with the L frame.

dapesche

WKR
Picture time.

So this the L/XL size.

X-Tall frame

0ac39ec760cc2cedd668fc567e4365c7.jpg
983bd4b3ed7300eb70c762afa1540938.jpg
8d0092c7786151633c7d24f236e556ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

dapesche

WKR
So I am out of shape after getting worked by covid. Measured my waist and I'm 33.75" after pulling some chub away

When looking up past a 45 degree angle my head bumps the lid.

I have 40# in the pack.

My friend actually has the tall from with the L/XL waist.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk