Kuiu Rain Gear - Chugach vs Kutana

For extreme wet weather I use a Helly Hansen guide coat. Hard to beat. Nope, it doesn't pack down well, but handles the water. The discontinued Kuiu rain gear is the Ultra NX line. Fantastic stuff when used correctly - ultra light and actually was rated higher on water resistance than all of Kuiu's current gear. Very breathable. It's just not durable. I take that on every hunt as well - it's great in snow and wind (used in NZ Alps). And if you put in on during a downpour with some sort of water resistant jacket underneath - like a DCS guide or Axis (I have both) - you will be fine. Heck, my favorite jacket for cold and rain is my Fjallraven Greenland Winter jacket, but not for the mountains. And it's too pretty to hunt in anyway.

Endred

FNG
Is the Chugach discontinued from the Kuiu gear line-up? Can`t find it on their website any more..

Chugach jackets have been in the outlet section for several months now, first the solids, then everything. There's debate about a possible updated item is coming, they haven't announced anything.

tdot

WKR
I don't know if they are discontinuing it or not but they have it in the outlet section right now. Debating on buying a set.

Thanks for the heads up. I love the Chugach jacket, so ordered another in solid colour from the Outlet. Apparently another big shipment is landing in July, so the Chugach has not been discontinued, possibly just minor updates or overstock, according to the guy I spoke to.

OMB

WKR
Chugach jackets have been in the outlet section for several months now, first the solids, then everything. There's debate about a possible updated item is coming, they haven't announced anything.
Brendan Burns was on the Epic podcast a while back and teased that they had two launches upcoming this year, one for hot weather (Gila) and one coming in August for that's supposed to make the colder weather guys happy, if I recall correctly.