Kuiu sfs bow kit or similar?

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm fairly new to archery and have never seen or heard of something that looks like a rain cover for your sight and strings. Is this something worth getting, have I been living under a rock?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

It's not at all waterproof but I really like it for protecting my string and cables when my pack is strapped on my back or I'm hiking in the dark with my bow in my hand. I like the fletching cover because I use fluorescent pink Fletchings and a wrap.

I bought one just to protect strings when busting through brush. When I received it I was disappointed it wasn't long enough for my prime rival. I had a friend cut it in half and add about 3 inches of material and it is still a tight fit. I never use the sight or fletching cover, I probably would use the fletching cover if it was long enough to cover the entire arrow wraps (also bright color).
Bad Medicine Archery was making one that was waterproof and had a sling strap (would be a nice feature on the Kuiu but I guess that's not what it's made for) I've never handled one but heard good about them.
Note : I sometimes wonder if the Velcro on the inside does more damage to my strings than it protects it from, when I'm trying to take it off in a hurry!?

People used to complain about not being ready for a shot with the Primos one on their bow. That one looks like it would take much longer to get off and then have to deal with the little cover on the sight as well. Too much trouble for me. 99% of the time I'm carrying my bow by the string, so it would just get in my way. And I don't worry about my bow getting wet.

I have the cabelas camo version of this (no fletching cover), very happy with it for protecting my strings and sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the great input.

I bought one just to see if I liked it better than the Primos (which I like after I cut the strap off of). The big differences are the Primos has foam padding for the cams and snaps versus Velcro. I hate Velcro for accessories for short range weapons. I other wise like the light weight for the string/peep protection. I would only use the sight cover for travel, and the fletching cover is awesome...if you have a 3 arrow quiver. For a 5 arrow quiver, it barely covers 4.

Good to know, I have a 5 arrow quiver bit can only get 3 with broadheads ( ramcats )

Back