Kuiu Tiburon for Tall guy in the heat

I don't typically post gear reviews, actually, this is my first. However, I did some legwork to land on these Tiburon pants from Kuiu and hopefully I can help out someone else.

Need: Fishing pants for South America on a 6'4" guy who does not do well with sun exposure (blame my Irish roots).

My local fly shop showed my a pari of Skwala with "dot matrix" material. He said he wears them all the time- but not available in tall. An internet search showed Kuiu had pants in the same fabric in many sizes, colors, and tall.

When they arrived I could not believe how light weight they were. They literally felt lighter than the cotton surgical scrubs I was also packing. The fit accurate and comfortable- and very long. My normal inseam is 34-35 and I have a couple inches to spare- a couple simple rolls solves that, and I have unrolled for more coverage when sitting in the boat, so the extra length is good for me.

The performance is simply incredible. I don't know how you could get more ventilation than these and still have sun protection. The dry time is unbelievable. I stepped out of the water and they shedded water and were dry within a couple of minutes (it was 90+ in direct sun).

If you are looking for a warm weather adventure pant I believe you will be pleased with the purchase of the Kuiu Tiburon. My next trip to jungle will include two pairs of these pants. My Simms, Orvis, LL Bean pants will not see the South America jungle again.

Pics because posts without them are boring and braggin is fun :) My second fishing adventure of the fall and you see what I am wearing when I caught this trophy Rooster Fish- 60". These are my only warm weather/high activity choice at this time.

Attachments

• IMG_4109.jpg
    IMG_4109.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4205.jpg
    IMG_4205.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3344.jpg
    IMG_3344.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 13

Cynoscion

Lil-Rokslider
Glad you found tiburons. They are pretty much the only “hunting brand” pant you can wear in south Texas year round. I know you said you’re a pasty white guy like me but the tiburon shorts are pretty awesome too. They’re my weekend go to shorts.

the Tiburon's are fantastic pants !!! if you want another recommendation thats for slightly cooler to mid range weather , i wear my kutana pants from kuiu almost all year round, with the hip vents. i find them way better then the attack pants, and for hunting they are a little more durable then the tiburons but i feel like just as nice to wear. i wear tiburons and kutana mostly and never touch my attacks anymore.

Moultrie

FNG
the Tiburon's are fantastic pants !!! if you want another recommendation thats for slightly cooler to mid range weather , i wear my kutana pants from kuiu almost all year round, with the hip vents. i find them way better then the attack pants, and for hunting they are a little more durable then the tiburons but i feel like just as nice to wear. i wear tiburons and kutana mostly and never touch my attacks anymore.
I haven't worn the Tiburons, but I may have to snag a pair for my summer fly fishing trips and early season hunts.

I LOVE the KUIU Kutana pants I have. As my other camping/hiking pants wear out, I'll be replacing them with Kutanas.

I haven't worn the Tiburons, but I may have to snag a pair for my summer fly fishing trips and early season hunts.

I LOVE the KUIU Kutana pants I have. As my other camping/hiking pants wear out, I'll be replacing them with Kutanas.
the thing I love about the kutanas the most is that in 80 degrees I can open the hip vents and stay cool , but down to 25 degrees I can put some long john on and still be super comfortable it is a all around amazing pant !!! while still holding that durability. I have some attacks and they are just to warm in the early times of the year even with the vents open. but the kutana man I cant say enough positive things about them.