KUIU Tiburon

Juan_ID

WKR
I like the pants for early season warm weather, not as durable as I was hoping for but good enough. On the shirt you'll probably have to size up due to the way they put the stretch of the fabric in the arms...

eltaco

WKR
The weight and breathability is awesome, the durability is pretty poor, IMO though. I wore Ascent pants for the previous 4 years without much for problems, and tore 3 holes in my Tiburon pants just last Fall alone. Not sure I could highly recommend them based on durability, but I have two pairs so I'll be using them again this Fall.

AZ Ron

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the pants for warmer weather. Have worn them several times in temps up to 90 and legs never felt over heated or sweaty. They are very light weight pants and feel fragile although they've held up well for me so far. They've snagged some in cat claw and other sticker bushes, but no worse than other synthetic pants.

Just for grins I wore my Tiburon's one day and my sitka ascent pants the next day as a comparison during javelina season here when temps were reaching the low 80's a couple weeks ago. Ascents were noticeably heavier in weight, but I was impressed at how my legs didn't get as hot as I thought they would.

The Tiburon's breathe a little better than the accents, but the ascents feel a little more protective due to them being heavier weight fabric.

Pants are great. The first run of shirts was a complete bomb in my opinion, I had to sell mine because the forearms were so tight I couldn't draw my bow back. I didnt have any durability issues besides a broken cargo zipper and I hunted in some pretty heavy blow down this year. I will probably grab another pair and a shirt again if they get the stretch going the right way.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I really do love my Tiburon pants for warmer weather hunts. I used them this year for all my summer scouting, spot and stalk antelope hunting, and about half of the days elk hunting this year. Love the fit and the stretch inherent to the material. They are not super durable, but I can't think of a similarly light material that is any tougher either.

Only hole in mine came from my mountain bike sprocket - totally my fault and doubt any pant would have escaped without damage. The rip-stop feature of the material contained the damage and it has not expanded with multiple washings so I suspect I'll get 4-5 seasons out of them and wouldn't hesitate to buy again right now if I lost them. I pick these up for casual hikes all the time instead of shorts or athletic pants and sweat pants. Feel like I could rock climb in them no problem.

LazyV

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the materiel itself, but that got overshadowed by how poorly the top fit me. It ended up going back the next week. I'm hoping they will release a redesigned version as it would be great when really warm.

charvey9

WKR
I bought a pair and have worn them once so far. They are nice, but the Sitka Ascent are slightly better in my opinion. The Sitka fabric is a little more flexible than the KUIU. However, I love the Attack and Guide pants.

Vandal 44

WKR
I really like the Tiburon pants, they are lite weight and breath very well. I have not had any issues with durability, I have used these pants on many scouting and hunting trip in some nasty country. I think the Sitka Assent pant is another very good option, the nice thing with Sitka is you can get the Assent in solid colors.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I think the Attack is a better "all around" pant and is not really going to sweat you out in warmer temps. They breathe really well. I am a big fan of both - but if you're picking one, I would buy the Attack.

TEmbry

WKR
I think the Attack is a better "all around" pant and is not really going to sweat you out in warmer temps. They breathe really well. I am a big fan of both - but if you're picking one, I would buy the Attack.

Agreed. I'm extremely glad I have both, but if choosing just one for an all season pant it has to be Attacks.

I love the tiburon pants. As much as I loved the attacks I actually hunted more in these during early season. All around the attacks are going to win that contest every time.

The shirt was terrible, the sleeves were so bad. Its been discussed before and they stopped selling it altogether. I had emailed them after I noticed that the top was not on the site and asked if they were correcting its issues and when it would be back but they did not reply to email. But I did speak to KUIU at the hunt expo and they said they were redoing it and that it would be back in stock and much improved. I hoping to have one this summer/fall, Im not crazy for merino.

Last edited:

dryflyguy

Lil-Rokslider
Not much to add to what has already been said. I did have to pay a seamstress to add a stretchy piece on the inside of both forearms. With that done, I think they will work quite well for early season hunts.

bbrown

WKR
I really wish they would come out with solid color Tiburons - that would be the perfect spring/summer hiking pant in addition to early season antelope and deer.
Until then I will just keep rocking my attacks.

JNDEER

WKR
So the attack pants would be a better option for all around hot and cold weather ?

It depends on what you mean by HOT and COLD? I wear the tiburons a lot from temps ranging from 60-100+. If it is going to be a warm day 60+ but chilly morning (with only a slight breeze) I wear a wool base layer under the tiburons to start out the day.

I don't like to get hot and prefer to stay a little on the cool side. This fall/winter with temps in the high 30 to low 40 for the mornings getting up to the upper 60's during the day I have been wearing the attack pants in the mornings and changing to the tiburons mid-day.

The versatility of the Tiburon with a wool base layer (as long as there is not a heavy breeze) is really nice for a person who tends to get a little hotter while hiking. If your not one of those guys the attacks are better for warm to cold. Depending on the person, I think the attacks could be too hot in temps in the upper 80's and higher.

MattB

WKR
So the attack pants would be a better option for all around hot and cold weather ?

I personally find the Attack pants to be too warm for a lot of my hunting, but here in CA we deal with weather that is warmer than what most folks hunt in. The warmth for weight is really impressive with those pants, and I find them uncomfortable much above 75 degrees or so.