KUIU Tiburon

jbv1030

FNG
I wore the tibs exclusively last season.

from early and warm CA backpacking hunts to general season cold hunting in Utah.

opened the vents in CA, layered in Utah. perfect.

thinking of adding attacks this year..not sure if i need guides, just sound to warm from everyones opinion.

I will echo others, the tibs can get snagged...it happens. i mean we are hiking, scouting and hunting in the outdoors, not window shopping in the mall.

This is an old thread I know, but wondering if the new Tiburon shirt is any better?

I was looking at the Kuiu site today for warm weather gear and saw the Tiburon shirt but see a lot of terrible reviews.

I think I may have to stop looking for kuiu. I’ve only ordered a few things and sent all of them back.

I have a boonie hat on the way so we’ll see how that goes. This brand has a real loyal following but it’s been hard to see why.

For pants I’m wearing First Lite and want a couple tops. I don’t like wearing The same Camo top and bottom and First Lite doesn’t make 3x shirts.

Any recent thoughts on the new version Tib?

This is an old thread I know, but wondering if the new Tiburon shirt is any better?

I was looking at the Kuiu site today for warm weather gear and saw the Tiburon shirt but see a lot of terrible reviews.

I think I may have to stop looking for kuiu. I’ve only ordered a few things and sent all of them back.

I have a boonie hat on the way so we’ll see how that goes. This brand has a real loyal following but it’s been hard to see why.

For pants I’m wearing First Lite and want a couple tops. I don’t like wearing The same Camo top and bottom and First Lite doesn’t make 3x shirts.

Any recent thoughts on the new version Tib?

the ultra tiburon zip t or tiburon snap shirt? i had the ultra tiburon zip t and didnt like it as a base layer. it fit me normal ( i wear an xl shirt and it worked in an xl) but it wouldnt absorb sweat quicker than it could escape through the micro holes especially with a pack on so i would get super clammy and hot. I like the FL aerowool merino blend as a base layer much better. it would absorb the sweat while still drying quicker than traditional lightweight merino but still wouldnt get funky like synthetics. i used it for a little bit as a lightweight second layer but eventuallys sold it. this is hunting in 75-90 degreee heat though. the tibruon pants though are the best ive found for hot weather hunting.