Kuiu Vias & Valo Pics Side by Side

parshal

WKR
I decided to try the new kool-aid and ordered a Valo piece. I wanted to see the two side-by-side in different environments. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of brown around right now (except for cheatgrass) to thoroughly see the difference. I placed these in different places around the property. I intentionally placed them in shadowy areas. In the sunlight they are both very bright.

I may have the opportunity to take pics in Wyoming this weekend with lots of sage, rocks and open brown landscape.

IMG_5231.jpg
IMG_5235.jpg
bw1.jpg
IMG_5242.jpg
IMG_5245.jpg
b23.jpg
IMG_5246.jpg
IMG_5249.jpg
IMG_5252.jpg
IMG_5253.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this. It looks to be pretty much identical to Vias in black and white, which is how the animals will be seeing it.

mlgc20

WKR
Thanks for posting. Very interesting to see the patterns in different conditions. I have quite a bit of Vias stuff. I actually like the new pattern better. Not enough to trade out my Vias gear. Ultimately, I doubt the pattern (or even having a pattern) has any impact on hunting results. Fun to look at though.

OP
parshal

parshal

WKR
The Valo pattern looks better to my eye as well.

I took a bunch more pictures in different places than I posted. Most of those indicated to me that Vias is better at breaking up the human outline with any shadows. I think the lighter colors in the Valo macro pattern don't have as much breakup at distance as the darker shades in Vias.

If you watched someone walking across the face of a hill from hundreds of yards away Vias would breakup better than Valo. Valo would overall blend better but the outline would be more broken with Vias.

From the pics you posted, it appears the Vias is better for breaking the human form, while the Valo is better at breaking the human pocketbook.
I really want to like Valo, it seems cool but for anything but turkey, what would see the color scheme other than humans. We aren’t hunting humans (yet, hopefully never).
Vias in black and white and grey tone looks better at breaking the silhouette , and that probably matters more in hunting animals. But honestly I have no idea.

Lowg08

WKR
Thanks for the time. Vias is my absolute favorite camo. I own it and cipher and then solids

btindall

FNG
If you have access to Adobe Photoshop or similar programs that can save in Protanopia color space you could compare those photos to your color ones. This will give you a better idea on how a deer might view the camouflage patterns as the color blue or cool grays will jump right out at you.

OP
parshal

parshal

WKR
I am able to change the original photo from color to that b/w palette on phone. I didn’t know I could do that.