Kuiu Yukon or first lite SEAK....

I where the Medium (5' 8", 173 lbs) and it runs a little big on me. Usually mediums fit well. I'd bet a Large would fit you well if you like an athletic cut. My brother-in-law is 6' 1", 200 lbs and my Medium actually fit him. He would not have been able to layer a ton underneath but it didn't look exceptionally small on him.

Thanks Benjblt. Sounds like a Large might work. I do intend on using it as my primary outer shell though, so I would be putting a puffy and midweight along with bases underneath it. Do you think it would give enough room? I tried on an XL in the Sitka Stormfront but I felt like I was swimming, literally. It was way too big. The Cloudburst in XL felt good though. Have you ever compared the SEAK to the Stormfront?

Benjblt

WKR
Thanks Benjblt. Sounds like a Large might work. I do intend on using it as my primary outer shell though, so I would be putting a puffy and midweight along with bases underneath it. Do you think it would give enough room? I tried on an XL in the Sitka Stormfront but I felt like I was swimming, literally. It was way too big. The Cloudburst in XL felt good though. Have you ever compared the SEAK to the Stormfront?

It's been a while since I tried on the Stormfront. I would say that the SEAK fits no smaller and probably a little loser, but I'm basing this off of a distant memory. I where a Kuiu Guide Jacket in Large (its only a little lose and a bit long) but I where a Medium SEAK and the SEAK fits much bigger then the Guide in Large. I hate to tell you one way or the other but if I had to bet my life on it I'd definitely say go Large, not XL. Everybody has a different body shape though .. . and perception of what a fit should be.

It's been a while since I tried on the Stormfront. I would say that the SEAK fits no smaller and probably a little loser, but I'm basing this off of a distant memory. I where a Kuiu Guide Jacket in Large (its only a little lose and a bit long) but I where a Medium SEAK and the SEAK fits much bigger then the Guide in Large. I hate to tell you one way or the other but if I had to bet my life on it I'd definitely say go Large, not XL. Everybody has a different body shape though .. . and perception of what a fit should be.

Thanks man that’s great info. I also have a Guide jacket and wear an XL. I can get all my layers underneath without too much issue so it sounds like a L might be the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Any problems with your SEAK wetting out and getting wet on the inside?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No, I’ve never had any issue of it wetting out, but it’s a very warm jacket, you will sweat if you are active in it. It’s very warm for a rain shell.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
How is the fit on the SEAK? I am 6'1 and 215-220 lbs. Everything I own is an XL but I prefer a more athletic cut. Would you recommend an XL in the SEAK or do you think it runs large enough to size down?

I️ would almost always size down on FL outerwear.

Benjblt

WKR
No, I’ve never had any issue of it wetting out, but it’s a very warm jacket, you will sweat if you are active in it. It’s very warm for a rain shell.

Good to hear. I'm I was thinking it might be me exerting myself. I'm still a little skeptical that it was my sweat. I will do some more testing before I get to worked up about it. I've heard too many good reports on this jacket to automatically think it failed on me.