LabRadar read around 300 fps high?

Sandstrom

WKR
I was shooting yesterday with my labradar. I have only used it three times, so it is possible I am the problem! Weirdest thing happened, I was shooting and one reading was 300 fps higher than the others in that string. I was shooting factory 308 ammo that was around 2660 fps. I only picked up about half of the shots. My dad and I were the only ones shooting at the range, and he was about 10 feet from me and prone, I was on a bench.
Has anyone else had any weird readings?
Thanks,
Ryan

lintond

WKR
I added a shot trigger to mine and it’s cured my setup challenges at the range. 300 fps higher sounds like a bad reading that should be ignored in the data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaHunter

WKR
The unit could have picked up one of your dad's shots. Mine has picked up shots fired from others at the range, that were farther away than 10 ft. With the LabRadar, set up is critical. There are some plastic 'aiming devices' available that mount on top of the unit to help 'aim' the unit in the correct direction.
Also, make sure you read and understand the directions for the unit settings.

LaHunter

WKR
The unit could have picked up one of your dad's shots. Mine has picked up shots fired from others at the range, that were farther away than 10 ft. With the LabRadar, set up is critical. There are some plastic 'aiming devices' available that mount on top of the unit to help 'aim' the unit in the correct direction.

I don’t even see how that’s possible unless you both were shooting at the same target or the LabRadar was misaligned with the target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LaHunter

WKR
You are correct. You have to pay fairly close attention when aligning the LabRadar unit. The little plastic 'reticles / aiming devices' that can be mounted on top of the unit help with alignment.

OP
Sandstrom

Sandstrom

WKR
If I remember correctly, the data set or velocities at different ranges for that one shot was not complete. I guess my dad and I were shooting at targets that were close even though we were farther apart. I deleted that shot from the series.
Thanks,
Ryan

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
Buy the JKL lab radar trigger. It’s around $30 bucks and simplifies everything. I’ve never missed a shot with it and it allows you to put the radar pretty much whenever you want. It is worth every penny.