Lap these rings????

Myronman3

Lil-Rokslider
i’ve lapped quite a few different set of rings. and in each case, saw an improvement in accuracy. enough so, i am a believer.
and every time, i took the existing scope out of the rings, lapped rings, re-installed and sighted in scope. so i doubt you damaged the scope.

oldgrowth

Lil-Rokslider
I am shooting a tikka superlight chambered in 7 rem mag. I am working up a load for this hunting season and noticed when i got home that my scope had moved forward almost a quarter of an inch. Checked all the screws and everything was tight so i took everything apart and inspected it and couldn't find anything that would indicate a problem. I borrowed a friends lapping set and lapped the rings and i was amazed at just how little contact the ring was making with the scope, it looked like 10 to 15 percent contact at most. After lapping i cleaned everything with alcohol, applied a liberal amount of medium strength locktite and torqued everything down. I am hoping this solves my problem. This is the first set of rings i have ever had a problem with but they are the stock rings, so if it dosen't work i will just put a set of talleys on it and try that.

Myronman3

Lil-Rokslider
I dont use much loctite, just a drop gets you there.

A good optic, a good trigger, and lapped, correctly installed rings make all the difference in the world.